took my swap to the strip

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stedscivic

i finaly got to take my 94 ex with jdm b18c swap to the strip this weekend
i ran two times of 15.9 with some wheel spin at the launch
i think that this could do better without adding anything to the motor other than maybe a tune up
what do you guys think is this a good time for my swap

i have 17in rims and sumitomo tires two 12s in the back full bodykit

what could i do to get better times until i do any turbo or something big like that

thanks in advance

Keep practicing your launch till you find out what works best and practice your shifting... that extra weight isnt exactly helping either. Take your box out if you can and I dont know what you can do w/ the back seats in your civic. Getting more power wont help as much if you cant drive your car.

if your speaker setup allows it i would reccomend throwing some handles on the sides and an easy way to connect/disconnect all wires so you can easily put it in and out depending on what your wanting to do.
i dunno what kind of 12's you got but they could be adding a massive amount of weight.
dropping to some lightweight 15's or even 16's will help your times as well as getting some drag radials.
if youve got a real hardon for speed, you can just gut your car, or at least rip out the back seat and all the bullshit behind the front 2 seats.
its all about weight

and a tune up never hurts ;)

i ran a 15.837 with a d15b vtec swap in a cx hatch with a full system and heavy ass 15's with bald ass falkens

Originally posted by micah@Oct 11 2004, 09:07 PM
if your speaker setup allows it i would reccomend throwing some handles on the sides and an easy way to connect/disconnect all wires so you can easily put it in and out depending on what your wanting to do.
i dunno what kind of 12's you got but they could be adding a massive amount of weight.
dropping to some lightweight 15's or even 16's will help your times as well as getting some drag radials.
if youve got a real hardon for speed, you can just gut your car, or at least rip out the back seat and all the bullshit behind the front 2 seats.
its all about weight

and a tune up never hurts ;)
[post=401372]Quoted post[/post]​

the 12s are planet audio

throw out the system, throw out the body kit, throw out the bling stunna wheels, learn how to drive, and you will run mid 14s.

wow 14's for a jdm gsr... now I really wanna take my car to the track any ideas on its capabilities?

you have big heavy brakes, so take some off that... and EK's are heavier than EG's, so take some off that... etc etc..

Originally posted by stedscivic@Oct 11 2004, 07:11 PM
i finaly got to take my 94 ex with jdm b18c swap to the strip this weekend
i ran two times of 15.9 with some wheel spin at the launch
i think that this could do better without adding anything to the motor other than maybe a tune up
what do you guys think is this a good time for my swap

i have 17in rims and sumitomo tires two 12s in the back full bodykit

what could i do to get better times until i do any turbo or something big like that

thanks in advance
[post=401322]Quoted post[/post]​

Suddenly, my tire melting 15.6 doesnt seem so bad lol.

uh... 15.9.. holy crap..

1995 civic ex,
jdm b18c
lsd tranny ( duh) 4-1 header, aem intake, no cat, greddy catback..
no spare got me a 14.7@92.4mph..

took out back seat and passenger seat, got a slightly better launch ( running on 205/40R16's). netted a 2.105 60 foot and ran a 14.59@93.8mph.... then i got my cars ecu redone. vtec changed, fuel curved changed and ran a 14.48@96.x so loose the subs, and 17's, and you might touch low 15's...

but something seems weird...

WTF? I Had a 14.8 or something real close to that. It was the only time I too the old hatch to the track.

LS swap, test pipe, minor little bolt ons, someones borrowed slicks, 1/8th tank, full interior but no extra garbage in it.

i ran next to a gutted 94dx coupe that was running 15.4 when i was at the track i owned him till about third

I had a 94 ex coupe with a b18c1 in it and ITR pistons and cams. I went 13.7 @ 103 with 17 inch falcons. Something is definetly wrong. :unsure:

falcons?

holy cow- did you tie them to your side mirrors and let them do all the work on the launch?

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Nov 18 2004, 07:35 PM
falcons?

holy cow- did you tie them to your side mirrors and let them do all the work on the launch?
[post=418904]Quoted post[/post]​

:lmao:

Falkens Biznatch. :D

Back