took out the power stering pump, need help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wow this guys is a dumbass. shouldn't even waste the time to help this guy out because he is evidentally just looking for someone to come do it for him.

You will most defiantly blow out your rack if you keep driving it like that. Go to the junk yard and just find a new pump and get your power steering back.

unless you have arnold shwarzenegger like arms you're gonna be in for a tough time making low speed turns and parking. just buy a new pump and reinstall. or to do it properly, find an accord with manual steering and swap steering racks ( dont know if there are any for that year accord) running it like you have it will cause a condidtion known as air/fluid lock- the steering will litterally lock in place and you will barely be able to turn the wheel , if at all.

...It's not hard at all to turn a PS rack without the PS pump installed.

yah its not even hard to turn, i dont mind it?

im just asking can i mess anything up without it, just so i no , i dont wana be driving without it, and secretly ruining somehting very important u no?

so idk if i should save up and get a new one?

GET A PIECE OF HOSE AND A SMALL RESEVOIR TANK.
ATTACH BOTH OF THE PRESSURE LINES TO THE TANK, FILL WITH FLUID.
MOUNT THE TANK SOMEWHERE.
Its spelled out to you dude.
LISTEN
If you just attempt the stuff instead of sitting on the computer and whining about it you will get more done.
If you let it sit the way it is, it will burn up the rack and you will screw stuff up.
Then you will be putting up a thread on you are puking some fluid all over the place and you have a really bad grinding noise, what is it, and how do I fix it.
Listen to these very car savy people and just do it.

Last edited:
ok so tell me if im following u correctly

take the long hose going from inside by the engine, and put the endof it in a tank, then take the other hose and put it in the same tank, that way it can suck and spit out water, to form a rotation? am i following correctly?

Yes. It will keep the rack lubricated, make it easier to turn because it is lubricated, and will let it last MUCH longer

ok ok thank you im following now, so bacicly find a way for the long think tube to reach a tank to spit fluid into, and that way the other tube can pick it up , to keep a cycle

sry please tell em if im right and whats the easyiest way of createig a cycle?

i just put back on the siezed up pump back on , and then connected all the tubes, and filled with fresh fluid ?

is that good? for now?

i just put back on the siezed up pump back on , and then connected all the tubes, and filled with fresh fluid ?

is that good? for now?

thanks for the link, but i dont wana take it out, i wana leaving it in , and even though its seived, and not connected to the pully, as long as there fluid in the resevior can it stay lubed, even tho its not in use?

thabnsk for the link but thats for taking it out , i wana keep it in sorry

If the pump is seized up and you still have the lines going to it it is going to make it harder to turn because the fluid isnt flowing freely. That write-up allows the fluid to move as freely as possible. Follow that write-up and you will be happy now and later on down the road because your rack will last.

ok so i am wronge,

i was think that the fluid flows freely even tho the its seized?

so i guess it doesnt?

i tried making the two lines go into the resevior so that they cud release/pump all to the same pump, but i cudnt figure it out? so i put the pump back on and filled with fresh fluid that wont be good u dont say tho?

sry for all the questions

Back