took out the power stering pump, need help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i just dont get it, im going to buy a new P/S pumkp in a few days, untill then will i be fine?

crap, how are we suppose to know any of that...

only real way to know is try an let us know how it goes. just know that if you mess something up and end up having to replace the rack as well, you will wish that you would have just let it sit and ridden your sisters bike instead...

yah tech like im only going to be driving 5-10 miles here and there, untill i get new pump, and al the lines seem wet in the inside

so i should be fine for now right?

###besides that stupid leak idk where its coming form dohh

ok wwooow if u dont haave anything constructive to say say nothing grow up some of u

I tried, (among others) to help you, but you just don't seem to understand what we are trying to tell you.

ok wwooow if u dont haave anything constructive to say say nothing grow up some of u

I tried, (among others) to help you, but you just don't seem to understand what we are trying to tell you.

First you dont listen to what your told when you ask a question, now your talkin shit. Efhondakid gave you a link that has step by step directions on how to delete your power steering. He was one of the first, and biggest helps in this thread. Maybe you should think about stuff like this before you tell ppl to grow up.

Last edited:
Running it dry won't ruin it right away, but it will damage it. It's like running an engine without oil. Put fluid in it. Cause any excessive wear caused by lack of fluid can't be solved just by putting fluid in it. The damage will linger

Last edited:
exactly, i've run my rack dry for a day when i drove probably eh... 25-35 miles and it didn't hurt it but if i left it like that for say, two weeks i would have had to buy a new rack

I think I'm going to kill myself just freaken reading this shit. People of this thread who reply to this guy has got to be the most patient person ever to repeat themselves several times. And this guy keeps repeating himself when he knows the answer right in front of his dumbass screen. You really dont know about cars for shit, really it's common-sense. Your tweaked brain just need to function better.

1) There is 2 simple self explanatory hose that's connected to the rack-n-pinion
2) Connect it to a small tank and don't just freak top it off with PS fluid just enough to keep it at it's point
3) If it's so hard, RUN to the junkyard and ask them for a freak PS pump...$35 tops, BARGAIN if you want it lower.
4) Who's cares right? No big deal it's ONLY a rack-n-pinion!!! :fuckyou:

I think I'm going to kill myself just freaken reading this shit. People of this thread who reply to this guy has got to be the most patient person ever to repeat themselves several times. And this guy keeps repeating himself when he knows the answer right in front of his dumbass screen. You really dont know about cars for shit, really it's common-sense. Your tweaked brain just need to function better.

1) There is 2 simple self explanatory hose that's connected to the rack-n-pinion
2) Connect it to a small tank and don't just freak top it off with PS fluid just enough to keep it at it's point
3) If it's so hard, RUN to the junkyard and ask them for a freak PS pump...$35 tops, BARGAIN if you want it lower.
4) Who's cares right? No big deal it's ONLY a rack-n-pinion!!! :fuckyou:

i shall repeat myself...

dude... why do you have to butt in on this thread just to bash on him... it's pointless and it just shows how much of a dumbass you are. Maybe he's new at this, maybe he's asking questions that may seem dumb to some people but to him its learning. Leave the kid alone, we are here to help not to bash on him for not being "all-knowing"

Back