Took the dog to the vet....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Airjockie

Watanabe Whore!!!
Rest In Peace
So, we've had Ga-chan for 8 years, and 7 months, enjoyed every moment with her, and lately we've noticed that she's having problems walking, climbing the stairs, crawling out from under the coffee table...so we decided to take her to the vet to confirm our worries...and yup...hip displaysia(sp) and arthritus in the knees and hip. A few x-rays confirmed the verdict for the dog. She's about 9 years old, and pampered to death...and she's lost a little weight and she still needs to lose about 10 more pounds.

She got some meds, a diet plan, and she needs exercise and more playing in water. The cool thing is...the vet that we have owns and runs a pet theripy place down in Hamden, with a pool for dogs, a tub with an underwater treadmill, and doggy massages.... http://www.topdoghealth.com/ And this vet is by far the best vet we've ever had. :)

So I guess this spring, summer, and fall...we'll have to go to the beach and lakes more...prolly have to cut down on the motorsports...and pamper the dog til her back leg muscles go limp and she gets put in a doggy wheel chair. And I might put a small pool in the back yard for the dog... :p

what a long day..... :cry:

And maybe the wife might try to get a part-time job there...hehe

shes such a good widdle puppy!!!

that sucks though :cry: buddy is the same age. i wonder when shes going to start feeling old... :cry:

my dog Sparky passed last friday. he was 15. i had been at school since jan. so i hadnt seen him but my parents said he kept getting noticable worse so its for the best. and he went with family right next to him.

on a side note- i was in akron, ohio when i got the call. it was my gf. at first i thought she said my dad died. my heart dropped lower than i thought it could. it definitly softened the blow though.

Glad to hear your doughy is ok Clayton. I want to run on a treadmill in a hot tub! :)

Sadly, I have a pretty strong feeling my girlfriends German Shepard is about to pass away. He's really old, but such a cool dog. I feel so bad for him. :cry:

Back