Took the Honda to the track this weekend....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Turbo&Auto

Nick Go FAST!!
I went to the strip, the car was hurting a bit though. My tires are thrashed to a point that I shouldnt have drove 30miles to drag, but I love it :) The front left brake is grinding in the metal behind the pad now and I may have a wheel bearing on its way out. I cant tell if its just the brake grinding or the bearing too.

BUT, anyway...

First run out was a 14.64 @ 97. I had an OK launch with lots of tire spinning in 2st and second. By the time I was able to look down at the gauges for a sec I noticed boost was only at 6psi. I bumped it up to 8psi and was able to run a 14.5 @ 98, a lil better launch that time but still lots of spinning.

I havent had a chance to bump up to 12 psi and tune the car. Maybe next weekend or the following one I'll be back at the track. I want to break into the 13's on street tires and I'll be happy with my setup.

I forgot my slips at home, I'll post them up tomorrow morning.

Thats not even the worst, they let me run without a fireproof coat and no steel battery box in the trunk. The tires on the front are horrible, they're completely treadless but no belts yet.

There's a new rule for NHRA, any car that has a S/C, turbo or NOS and isnt factory equipment, MUST WEAR A Fireproof jacket of some kind. I think its A321 or something in the summit catalog, I'll check and post up the part number.

Last edited:
that's cool i am taking my car to the track this weekend i finally got it tuned but i don't know what times i am going to run. I am shooting for about the same times mid/low 14s

what setup did you run?

F22 Non-Vtec, DSM manifold, EVO3 turbo, running on Crome. Only 7.5-8psi too for the 14.5

I just installed some 550cc injectors today though, I want to run 12-14psi. If 12 does the trick for me then I wont push it to 14. I want to break into the 13's on street tires and that will be plenty for my needs. I have a set of 15" slicks to try and run a 12 with it sometime, but thats being very optimistic :)

Back