1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Took the Honda to the track this weekend....

Discussion in 'Racing and Driving Techniques' started by Turbo&Auto, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Turbo&Auto

Turbo&Auto Nick Go FAST!!

I went to the strip, the car was hurting a bit though. My tires are thrashed to a point that I shouldnt have drove 30miles to drag, but I love it :) The front left brake is grinding in the metal behind the pad now and I may have a wheel bearing on its way out. I cant tell if its just the brake grinding or the bearing too.

BUT, anyway...

First run out was a 14.64 @ 97. I had an OK launch with lots of tire spinning in 2st and second. By the time I was able to look down at the gauges for a sec I noticed boost was only at 6psi. I bumped it up to 8psi and was able to run a 14.5 @ 98, a lil better launch that time but still lots of spinning.

I havent had a chance to bump up to 12 psi and tune the car. Maybe next weekend or the following one I'll be back at the track. I want to break into the 13's on street tires and I'll be happy with my setup.

I forgot my slips at home, I'll post them up tomorrow morning.

2. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

they let you run with those brake/bearing issues? shame shame.

3. Turbo&Auto

Thats not even the worst, they let me run without a fireproof coat and no steel battery box in the trunk. The tires on the front are horrible, they're completely treadless but no belts yet.

There's a new rule for NHRA, any car that has a S/C, turbo or NOS and isnt factory equipment, MUST WEAR A Fireproof jacket of some kind. I think its A321 or something in the summit catalog, I'll check and post up the part number.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2006
  4. Turbo&Auto

5. jimboburgess

jimboburgess Go fast, Go Cheap

that's cool i am taking my car to the track this weekend i finally got it tuned but i don't know what times i am going to run. I am shooting for about the same times mid/low 14s

what setup did you run?

6. Turbo&Auto

F22 Non-Vtec, DSM manifold, EVO3 turbo, running on Crome. Only 7.5-8psi too for the 14.5

I just installed some 550cc injectors today though, I want to run 12-14psi. If 12 does the trick for me then I wont push it to 14. I want to break into the 13's on street tires and that will be plenty for my needs. I have a set of 15" slicks to try and run a 12 with it sometime, but thats being very optimistic :)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted