took the ol' civic to the track today....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

civicious

Buck Futter
VIP
1st run - Chris (93 B18C hatch) drove it, hit rev limiter in 1st - 15.1

2nd run - me(first time ever at a track) - lurched really hard and slammed me outta 1st gear (i dont have the a/c or lower transmission motor mounts, so when it wheel hops it jerks/slams it outta gear even if im holding it in gear) - 17.4

3rd run - me - 15.6

4th run - i staged, dude told me to back up, so i backed up. dude said to pull forward, so i did. red light goes on, he says 'you deep staged.' dont know what the hell that means, i backed up/went forward when he told me to. fucker. ran anyways, didnt get a time (fuckers).

5th run - slammed outta 1st again, slammed out of 2nd also. didn't get the time. probably worse than #2

6th run - dude told me i was spilling oil all over the track and i couldnt run again tonite. fucker. the announcer dude said "well, that takes care of our mosquito problem". fucker. i hope he dies.

well, i know it'll run at least a 15.1 (with someone experienced driving). dont think i did too bad for my first time ever AT a track, much less my first time driving at a track. it also doesnt help that i've got bald-ass kumho 711's on, and my suspension is blown to shit. got a set of neo-gen's on the way, and im about to order some tokico's and the 2 engine mounts that im missing.

pluh.

you shouldnt be at the track if you are leaking oil. also, why are you driving the car if its missing engine mounts? thats just idiotic. i hope you meant they are atleast shot to shit.

i ran a 17.1 in a stock 92 civic dx with all seasons. :lol:

Originally posted by civicious@Feb 15 2004, 07:46 PM
the announcer dude said "well, that takes care of our mosquito problem". fucker. i hope he dies.

:bo: :bo: :bo:

bahahaha

I hate when they announce stupid shit over the intercom.

i wasnt leaking oil thogh.......

a little coolant, maybe...but no oil.

and it's the lower mount on the front of the trans, and the a/c mount.

pluh. im ordering the mounts tomorrow.

17's arent all that bad, considering i took off, slammed out of first, was like 'what the fuck?!?!', put it back in first, slammed outta second, was like 'WHAT in the FUCK???', put it back in second, and putt-putted on down the track.

gotcha, but that still sucks.

when i ran at englishtown, they looked my car over to make sure it wasnt leaking anything. a few of the honda challenge actually got turned away from drag racing that day.

it was supposed to be 'slicks/drag radials only'

i jus drove on up, and kept coming back (And fucking up, and looking dumb, and running slow ass times) until they more or less said 'fuck you, stop coming back'. 'cept he said i was leaking oil.

better luck next time, 60ft's are almost everything, like 90%

if your running with no front mounts, your lucky your not snapping axles. That will rotate your engine a inch or two. The oil could have been tranny fluid coming from your axle seals

bah, those mounts are overrated.

i threw mine out.

im running the 3 hasports. thats it.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Feb 15 2004, 11:35 PM
if your running with no front mounts, your lucky your not snapping axles. That will rotate your engine a inch or two. The oil could have been tranny fluid coming from your axle seals

I ran my car with only a upper left/right and rear engine mount

thats with a 6 puck racing clutch and close to 300hp at the flywheel

then again I do snap the left mounts bolts right in half.... however my Axles did hold up just fine =)

If you aren't running HAsports, and you are reduced to the lowley stock mounts, then yes, you do need the front torque mounts. I ran without them for a long time, and finally got motivated because they put the civic that had them at the yard on top of another car, so I could get to them easy. And they made a world of difference in driving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back