took the ol' civic to the track today....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
to hell with you all. :lol:

im going to run with all my mounts, all the time.

Originally posted by civicious@Feb 15 2004, 10:09 PM
17's arent all that bad, considering i took off, slammed out of first, was like 'what the fuck?!?!', put it back in first, slammed outta second, was like 'WHAT in the FUCK???', put it back in second, and putt-putted on down the track.

they arent that bad if you are running a blown automatic in an Integra with over 146K as well. I too was missing the front Transmission mount... what a co-ink-a-dink!

dayum i ran a 15.3 with a stock d16a6 in a ef hatch gutted. makes me feel good. if you don't mund me asking do you run your tires at full air? if so it could be a very big problem

i think the full-air-in-tires is the least of my worries....

bald-ass kumho 711's(yes, theyre aired fully)
no front lower mounts, stock upper mounts
blown to shit stock suspension

i think if you didn't have 711''s on you would have run 9s.

those tires blow

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 16 2004, 08:57 AM

those tires blow

Oh shit, i can now for-see a million threads that go like this.

"Is it true i can stick a b16 obd0 motor into my obd2a 4 dr car with a jdm ITR tranny, (blah blah, the rest of Will's mods) and run 9's like Pissedoffsol said?"

Originally posted by Domeskilla+Feb 16 2004, 03:12 PM-->
pissedoffsol
@Feb 16 2004, 08:57 AM

those tires blow

"Is it true i can stick a b16 obd0 motor into my obd2a 4 dr car with a jdm ITR tranny, (blah blah, the rest of Will's mods) and run 9's like Pissedoffsol said?"

As long as you don't run Kumhos you're all good.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Feb 16 2004, 09:13 AM-->
Originally posted by Domeskilla@Feb 16 2004, 03:12 PM
pissedoffsol
@Feb 16 2004, 08:57 AM

those tires blow

As long as you don't run Kumhos you're all good.

You missed my point tho.... Be said if he didnt have Kumho's he'd run 9's... the kid has a b16 with bolt ons..

My point was, now that he said will's car should run 9's, everyone is gonna post asking if b16's with bolt on's in a sedan will run 9's with anything but a kuhmo tire :)

Originally posted by civicious@Feb 15 2004, 09:46 PM
it also doesnt help that i've got bald-ass kumho 711's on, and my suspension is blown to shit. got a set of neo-gen's on the way, and im about to order some tokico's and the 2 engine mounts that im missing.

pluh.

I would never go to the track or autocross with my car less than perfect. It's not safe (for you and everyone else around you) and what you did gives us Civic owners a bad rep. <_<

Some kid on another board wrecked his car going 115mph on an empty street. He forgot that one of his front tires was bad and lost control. He even complained about its handling earlier in the evening to friends. Stupid thrill-seeking kid.

And I'm with Chris... I prefer having a complete set of good motor mounts in my engine bay.

actually kumho makes v7000 and thosetires are sticky as shit, i race with those on the street a lot and i always get good laucnhes. oh well the track they work great too.

if you honestly think i don't race at the track then i hate to say your wrong. i know what tires are sticky and what aren't and for some special racer you should know to not race with full fucking air in your tires. and who said i do 115 on city streets? i have NEVER run slicks at a track i ALWAYS run street tires cause i dont believe in slicks. About your 3 motor mounts, shouldn't have been taking a busted ass car to the track anyway to come here and post up some shitty times that my d series can run

Originally posted by Trinity@Feb 16 2004, 10:14 PM
if you honestly think i don't race at the track then i hate to say your wrong. i know what tires are sticky and what aren't and for some special racer you should know to not race with full fucking air in your tires. and who said i do 115 on city streets? i have NEVER run slicks at a track i ALWAYS run street tires cause i dont believe in slicks. About your 3 motor mounts, shouldn't have been taking a busted ass car to the track anyway to come here and post up some shitty times that my d series can run

:ph34r: Kickin' lota ass like whoa!!!!

haha man your car sounds ghetto.

Also, saying your "running 3 motor mounts" is not like "running a gsr/T". It's like saying, yea I'm running 3 cylinders tonight. Why even race?

B is right, you don't need all 5 mounts, I ran 3 for a while before busting my uppper motor mount, once replaced it never happened again.

go with three, thats all you need.

Originally posted by JDMilan@Feb 16 2004, 11:01 PM
B is right, you don't need all 5 mounts, I ran 3 for a while before busting my uppper motor mount, once replaced it never happened again.

go with three, thats all you need.

Come on man, that's just bad advice easpecially with old stock mounts.

With hasport mount's, you can literally have 800hp with 3 mounts, take off with slicks, break the axles, screw up 3rd gear, and not even phase 1 of the mounts.

theyre 3 brand new mounts. manchester honda brand new.

and trinity, take some midol and chill the fuck out. i wasnt talking to you.
Originally posted by 94redsigal
I would never go to the track or autocross with my car less than perfect. It's not safe (for you and everyone else around you) and what you did gives us Civic owners a bad rep.

Some kid on another board wrecked his car going 115mph on an empty street. He forgot that one of his front tires was bad and lost control. He even complained about its handling earlier in the evening to friends. Stupid thrill-seeking kid.

scroll up and read, cocksucker.
i never said anything to you at all, and i'd appreciate it if you'd get the fuck off my back about some shit that i didnt say to you in the first goddamn place. and forgive me for the shitty times. i've been driving a b-series for 2 weeks, and this was the first time i ever have even seen a track up close.

bitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back