Took the plunge.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

too small.

anyways, how does GH look on it? :thumbsup:

I was just going to go all out and get a 55"+, but this one was on sale. (Taco would kill me if he knew I paid less than him for a larger tv)

Bought the stand with it as well. GH looks freaking awesome on it, I have to get used to having to move my eyes to play from the green to the orange note on it now. lol

Damn I'm jealous....

yeah. My buddie and i went to best buy and i showed hime my tv. he showed me a nice samsung 50'' in non flat panel that weighs less than mine for the same just a couple hundres buck more with the warranty.

Either way 37'' is perfect for for the size of our place. Any bigger and we would go blind. When we move out we'll get a bigger tv for our liviing room. wait till this afternoon and i'll post a pic of our setup. The tv is about 4 feet away from our couch so its pretty close. I moved stuff around yesterday to find a good view and i think i found it. Like i said any bigger and we would be blind.lol

this is why i really cant have a bigger one. to close to the couch.

S7002026.jpg

S7002025.jpg

Taco I almost bought that exact same cabinet, but it was too short for me to be able to see the full TV over my bed while lying in it. :p

i love my 40" Samsung LCD... i still need to get the HD cable box, but i have the HDMI cable for the 360 and it looks brilliant.. i just bought a generic brand off of ebaY.. it was like $10 shipped.. works fine though

pics of your old lady modeling the tv FTW

I'll try to do it is i get home before she takes off work:D I have been trying to get her to take some sexy pics but the timing isnt right.:( Especially now that she ''feels'' fat,bloated and dirty since its that time:ph34r: We'll see:cool:

EG6SIR: do you have basic cable or are you paying for hbo and such? if you have basic cable then its not worth getting the box. We are paying and extra 6 bucks a month for the HD box. The channels we get are not worth watching in HD. We dont get any actual movies channels so there is no point. I'm actually taking the box back.

For basic cable with high speed internet we pay about $105 a month. A freind of mine who has the box with HBO,Showtime,Encore and suck he pays about $175. I still have to pay the T.V off and then go get a sound sytem for the t.v. :)

We'll hold off on the HD stuff for now.:(

Also the entertainment center is cool. It a little while build but its cool since it has additions to it like end tables, towers for the sides ets.

Last edited:
Are you serious? We get like at least 35 HD channels with our HD DVR box. All our shows on the main channels like 1-13, and espn, tnt, hbo(promo package), encore(free), and tons of 600 level channels.

I rarely watch anything that isn't on HD now that we have it. But then again. We have a bravia 1080p 120 hz 46". :)

we dont even get espn. Its more like the fucking history channel. Who the hell wants to watch that on HD?

ahhh Tallahassee sucks

The only thing in HD I have is the xbox 360. HDMI cables ftw. At first I had it hooked up wrong and there was no color, then the green wasn't right. But now it works great.

You should see me sniping at some dudes head from 200 yards with the Barrett in COD4.. :D

The only thing in HD I have is the xbox 360. HDMI cables ftw. At first I had it hooked up wrong and there was no color, then the green wasn't right. But now it works great.

You should see me sniping at some dudes head from 200 yards with the Barrett in COD4.. :D

You had one of the HDMI cables hooked up wrong so the color wasnt right?

are you sure you're talking about HDMI cables, it sounds like a component cable to me.

HDMI FTMFW since its a single cable that carries video and audio and is true digital. I have X many devices going into my receiver and only a single cable going from my receiver into the TV, so in all theres a single power cable and a single HDMI cable going to the TV. makes for a super clean install.

Last edited:
You had one of the HDMI cables hooked up wrong so the color wasnt right?

are you sure you're talking about HDMI cables, it sounds like a component cable to me.

HDMI FTMFW since its a single cable that carries video and audio and is true digital. I have X many devices going into my receiver and only a single cable going from my receiver into the TV, so in all theres a single power cable and a single HDMI cable going to the TV. makes for a super clean install.

thats what i have;) HDMI FTMFW

They probably told him he wasn't covered for hitting that tree.

they only cover 'ficus' trees:D

yeah the gecko was actually thinking. I belive its the one where he talks to the otter or something. Hopfully tonight i'll take more pics of my t.v;)

I saw the ad last night. He was talking to a jelly fish.

Just ONE more thing that makes me think the Gecko is based on me. (I've been caught begging for food from animals in the zoo)

Back