Tookie Williams Night Night

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

you never heard of the bloods and the crips?

i dunno, the guy was nominated for the nobel peace prize...
call me crazy but i see no reason to kill him now...

he's already been a drain on the prison system for 20+ years...
he's old now, and leading an anti gang movement from someone who was a cofounder of one of the biggest gangs is a pretty powerful message...
why kill him when you can keep him around as a symbol...
you think gang banging is cool?
you wanna be like this 70 year old guy rotting away in jail, never to see freedom again in his lifetime?

killing him won't accomplish anything at this point...
perhaps if it was in the same decade that he actually committed the crime, when gangs were going crazy, that would have been a good message to send out at the time...
but now you're gonna kill a 51 year old man who has no potential to harm anyone again?

its also interesting to look at the facts surrounding the actual court case in which he was convicted, especially the testimony by individuals that were guaranteed leniency in their own sentences for testifying against him...

Quoted post[/post]]
you never heard of the bloods and the crips?

i dunno, the guy was nominated for the nobel peace prize...
call me crazy but i see no reason to kill him now...

he's already been a drain on the prison system for 20+ years...
he's old now, and leading an anti gang movement from someone who was a cofounder of one of the biggest gangs is a pretty powerful message...
why kill him when you can keep him around as a symbol...
you think gang banging is cool?
you wanna be like this 70 year old guy rotting away in jail, never to see freedom again in his lifetime?

killing him won't accomplish anything at this point...
perhaps if it was in the same decade that he actually committed the crime, when gangs were going crazy, that would have been a good message to send out at the time...
but now you're gonna kill a 51 year old man who has no potential to harm anyone again?

its also interesting to look at the facts surrounding the actual court case in which he was convicted, especially the testimony by individuals that were guaranteed leniency in their own sentences for testifying against him...

You're crazy, I've always said that.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
...because what someone does now changes what they once did, correct?

isn't that the whole point of our prison system?? Rehabilitation. While it doesn't give back the lives or whatever that was taken from others, In a way, its like we're saying, if you do you 20 years, you are forgiven of what you've done....

It depends on your outlook on the system. There's the idea of rehabilitation and the idea of "once a con, always a con" among many other viewpoints. The comparison could just as easily be made that one is forgiven after 20 years not because they've been rehabilitated but because they've served their punishment for the allotted amount of time.

We as society put a price on crimes and hand out punishments in accordance with these prices. By serving your time you're simply paying that price but it does not mean you have changed or have been rehabilitated - it means that you've completed the requirements set forth by society to "pay" for your crime.

This man started an evil organization that will forever plague the nation for this, in my opinion, he cannot ever be forgiven. His crime and, to use a religious reference here, sins live on.

This man started an evil organization that will forever plague the nation for this, in my opinion, he cannot ever be forgiven. His crime and, to use a religious reference here, sins live on.

good point...
i think if they were gonna kill him they should have done it 20 years ago...
a little late to make en example when the gang is in 42 states and at least 2 continents (south africa)

Quoted post[/post]]

good point...
i think if they were gonna kill him they should have done it 20 years ago...
a little late to make en example when the gang is in 42 states and at least 2 continents (south africa)

This I will agree with. Beauracratic bullshit is responsible for this. I guess this is the price we pay to allow people like Blanco to have an opinion in society.

Shit or get off the pot.

:werd: and don't push too hard either, else you'll be making a thread about your ass like i did. lol

haha

39489911_F_store.jpg

Quoted post[/post]]
We as society put a price on crimes and hand out punishments in accordance with these prices. By serving your time you're simply paying that price but it does not mean you have changed or have been rehabilitated - it means that you've completed the requirements set forth by society to "pay" for your crime.

The same thing goes for sexual predators and child molesters. Just because the guy spent 10 years in prison doesn't mean he lost his jollies for little kids. It could just make it worse. So they let 'em back out into socitey, and sure they're "registered sex offenders", but hell, they only go back if they're caught.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
...because what someone does now changes what they once did, correct?

isn't that the whole point of our prison system?? Rehabilitation. While it doesn't give back the lives or whatever that was taken from others, In a way, its like we're saying, if you do you 20 years, you are forgiven of what you've done....

Quoted post[/post]]
Co-Founder of the Crips.

who am the Crips?

never heard of it.

only gangs i know are the los sobas or some shit and the latin kings
dude, i live in the suburbs and i have friends in both the crips and bloods.

but about the rehabilitation thing. 2 out of 3 death row inmates have prior felony convictions. 1 out of 12 have a prior homicide conviction. in 2004 there were 3315 inmates on death row. thats about 276 inmates who should have been put to death, but were allowed to kill someone else. hows that make you feel about rehab?

and about the frying/hanging thing. lethal injection is now the standard. it cost $86.08. even though a needle full of air(which is free) or household cleaner would do the same job.

side note: on dec. 2 kenneth lee boyd became the 1000th person executed since the re-instatement of the death penalty in 1976. mother fucker killed his wife and father in law and his lawyer said that the country should be ashamed for what it did.

Quoted post[/post]]
:werd:
He's not the same man he was back then. If he'd been excecuted years ago it would have been a different story but he's changed so much that I feel he deserves life without parole.
but he still has to pay for the crimes he committed back then and a jury decided that he is going to pay with his life.

Quoted post[/post]]
dan, how does a little guy like you know about this stuffs? :p

He be crip'n.

He may live in the "suburbs" but I know his college is right out side of the city, has a very high crime rate, and is right next to the "ghetto". Its not a bad college, its just where it happens to fall.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
:werd:
He's not the same man he was back then. If he'd been excecuted years ago it would have been a different story but he's changed so much that I feel he deserves life without parole.
but he still has to pay for the crimes he committed back then and a jury decided that he is going to pay with his life.

...and this is the underlining theme here. The law sees no grey area, its black or white in order to give the most just treatment for the general public.

He could have completely changed who he is now, but the law cannot bend for who he has become but rather it must enforce the ruling on what he DID.

Blanco is a huge fan of slippery slope and right here it is in perfect theory. If they allow him his life, than another person can argue that they deserve the same treatment as Tookie - afterall, everyone must be 100% equal and everything must be 100% fair - RIGHT BLANCO?

i seriously cannot believe that B has never heard of the bloods and crips

have you never listened to snoop? the game? ice cube? nwa? any rap from the 80's at all? gang stuff has never interested you or movies like boys in the hood or menace to society?

im in utter disbelief lol

lol@Pick up the movie "Colors". That pretty much explains what the slobs and Crips were all about in the GTA: San Andreas era.

Why is it, no one likes the bloods anywhere?
There's like 78,000,000 bloods but none of them will admit it, i think the initiation is an HIV injection.
Stupid slobbs... me n blanco goin crippin tonite.
Let's go steal that STi with an in dash VCR!!

:laugh:

[][] jk b, i :wub: yu :laugh:

One time these black crip dudes broke down in front of my house, so me and my friend, who also happen to have nothing against crips, and often wear blue, and can't really wear red around here, decided to help them out.
They were pretty cool, and just needed a jumpstart, and they were thirsty.
My friend handed them a 32ounce styrofoam coke he had bought for me, but i had a sprite already.
They took a drink and said "is this coke?" my friend said "yea?" and they poured that shit out and said "We don't drink that slob shit, you got any pepsi?" we laughed our asses off.
Crippin

Quoted post[/post]]
Why is it, no one likes the bloods anywhere?
There's like 78,000,000 bloods but none of them will admit it, i think the initiation is an HIV injection.
Stupid slobbs... me n blanco goin crippin tonite.
Let's go steal that STi with an in dash VCR!!

:laugh:

[][] jk b, i :wub: yu :laugh:
No one likes Bloods?? Where the fuck have you been? None of them will admit it? Suge Knight has, Game has, Mack 10 has, ect...

i'm surprised none of you have realized that there are now ONLY Bloods and Crips. All the other little gangs you see now are just little cliq's of either Blood's or Crip's. have any of you guys been hit up before? if you have, did you actually listen to what they say after they ask you where you're from? They'll tell you if they are Blood's or Crip's.

For Example: Asian Boyz, they'll say "This is Asian Boyz, Crip Gang, Cuz" The only gang that I remember that never chose red or blue was TRG, "Tiny Rascal Gang." they were made up of mainly Cambodians and wore Gray.
Another Example: Grape Street Crips, they mainly wear purple but are Crips.
The list goes on and on. Anyway my point is that there are ONLY Bloods and Crips and Tookie Williams pretty much started the biggest movement ever. Should he die, hell yeah. but will he die, nope. He can do more good now alive than if they killed him.

oh and for Blanco, "Fuck all you Crab ass Niggaz!!!" :mrgreen:

Back