Tookie Williams Night Night

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

maybe alaska is in my future... go fuck an eskimo... lol

well, they are pretty close to asian, no?

and a little extra weight is always a plus in the snow :thumbsup:

speaking of snow, took the sleds out this weekend, smashed my knee on the artic cat via a jump...
and ended up sliding on my back more than a couple times...
get to walk with a limp for another month just like the pocket bike "incident"

Well one reason we need to enforce the death penalty, outside of morals and ethics, is overcrowding. Most of the prisons in the US are already pretty overcrowed, if not filled to the max. Imagine if we just gave everyone prison for life. The amount of useless lowlifes that are rotting away in their cells would multiply by the millions. I'm for death penalty all the way. Call me an apathetic bastard, but they most likely killed to get it, so they get it in return. Fuck 'em.

Quoted post[/post]]
apparently you dont know anything about christian history or the bible.
And what exactly does the policy of the Christian church have to do with the bible? The bible is the christian cannon, and what a church does has no bearing on the tenets set forth by the book itself.
As to the history of the bible, I think i've got a better grasp of it, as a historical and doctrinal document, than most christians. This isn't the place to prove it, though if you would like to discuss it i invite you to open a thread to that end.

eye for an eye???!?!?1y0ne

If we were talking about Jewish people here, then that general idea may apply. While the Christians still revere the Old testement (to which that cliche is attributed) the new testament outlines a different way to deal with problems. Jesus was called the prince of peace. When talking about Christians who subscribe to the bible, "turn the other cheek" or "love thy neighbor" should probably be the phrase that comes to mind.
an eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind
-Gandhi

Well one reason we need to enforce the death penalty, outside of morals and ethics, is overcrowding. Most of the prisons in the US are already pretty overcrowed, if not filled to the max. Imagine if we just gave everyone prison for life. The amount of useless lowlifes that are rotting away in their cells would multiply by the millions. I'm for death penalty all the way. Call me an apathetic bastard, but they most likely killed to get it, so they get it in return. Fuck 'em.

uh, i think the US just had its 1000th execution over the course of 3 decades since its been reinstated...
As the United States carries out its 1000th execution since the resumption of executions in 1977

multiply by the millions
i think not

i would rather legalize marijuana and pardon all non violent offenders convicted under the rockefeller laws to deal with prison overpopulation than execute one person...

but could you imagine being Arnold Schwarzenegger and having to decide whether to commute his death sentence or not...

i think prisons should be self sufficient, automated guards towers with automatic weapons on an island in the middle of nowhere and everyone who wants to live needs to work for their food...
but i guess that's a whole different thread...

I'd like to get B's stance on the matter, is prison reform part of your political platform...?

Quoted post[/post]]
Why shouldn't Tookie get the death penalty? its actually pretty simple. The death penalty is wrong. The death penalty is killing, and killing is not ok, especially if there is no immediate threat to your life. All of you who are christians, well christians who subscribe to the tenets of the bible, have to concede that.

I mean really, why do we even have the death penalty?

How about the fact that the death penalty is improportionally used on non whites?
you obviously chimed in without doing any research on the subject. the united states is not a christian nation, therefore does not have to follow christian law. separation of church and state.

why do we have the death penalty?
even though i stated it in my post on page 2 ill say it again. 2 out of 3 death row inmates has a prior felony conviction. 1 out of 12 death row inmates has a prior conviction for homicide. in 2004 their were 3315 inmates on death row. do the math, thats about 276 prior homicide conviction. hows that sit in your stomach that the death penalty is bad. but thats just numbers. let me put a face on it. ask cecil boren how he feels about the death penalty. Actually you can’t ask him. He was killed by Kenneth Williams after Williams escaped a state prison in Lincoln County on October 3, 1999. He then took Cecil Boren’s truck, but was apprehend after he was in an accident with it in Urbana, Missouri. An accident that took the life of a 24 year old delivery driver named Michael Greenwood. Why was Williams in the prison in the first place? He was serving a life sentence without parole for the 1998 kidnapping and killing of Dominique Hurd, a cheerleader at the University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff and for kidnapping and assaulting Hurd’s date. he also admitted to an unsolved murder that same day. why did he admit it? mother fucker was trying to get clemency after killing 4 people.

and improportionally used on non-whites?
stop talking out your ass and do some research. Out of the 57 people put to death in 2005, 17 were Black and 3 were Latino. The remaining 37 were White. Out of the 59 people put to death in 2004, 19 were Black, 3 were Hispanic, and 1 was Asian. The remaining 36 were White.

and reckedracing, the 1000th death sentence since 1976 was carried out on dec 2nd. it was kenneth lee boyd. he killed his wife and father in law. 2 people have been killed since and tookie will be 1003 since 1976.

damn it drama boy, i thought all your frat boys do was drink and fuck innocent freshman gymnasts, when did you start thinking and making me look like a fool :p

you obviously chimed in without doing any research on the subject. the united states is not a christian nation, therefore does not have to follow christian law. separation of church and state.
so why does it say in god we trust on all my money? :sarcasm:

even though i stated it in my post on page 2 ill say it again. 2 out of 3 death row inmates has a prior felony conviction. 1 out of 12 death row inmates has a prior conviction for homicide. in 2004 their were 3315 inmates on death row. do the math, thats about 276 prior homicide conviction. hows that sit in your stomach that the death penalty is bad. but thats just numbers. let me put a face on it. ask cecil boren how he feels about the death penalty. Actually you can’t ask him. He was killed by Kenneth Williams after Williams escaped a state prison in Lincoln County on October 3, 1999. He then took Cecil Boren’s truck, but was apprehend after he was in an accident with it in Urbana, Missouri. An accident that took the life of a 24 year old delivery driver named Michael Greenwood. Why was Williams in the prison in the first place? He was serving a life sentence without parole for the 1998 kidnapping and killing of Dominique Hurd, a cheerleader at the University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff and for kidnapping and assaulting Hurd’s date. he also admitted to an unsolved murder that same day. why did he admit it? mother fucker was trying to get clemency after killing 4 people.

you make very good points, but the fact remains that the judicial system in the US or any country for that matter can not maintain a 100% track record for never being wrong...
no one should be put to death unless it can be proven without a doubt that he was the person that did the killing, DNA testing takes us one step closer, but there can still be questions raised as to whether the person being killed actually committed the crime...

i would prefer to keep these people in jail till they die than to put one innocent person to death...
which brings me back to the prison island... :mrgreen:

Quoted post[/post]]
damn it drama boy, i thought all your frat boys do was drink and fuck innocent freshman gymnasts, when did you start thinking and making me look like a fool :p
haha, i actually laughed out fucking loud. but i dont have drama anymore, i stopped banging sorority girls. and my freshman gymnast girlfriend is not innocent, and i like it that way. but most of my day does consist of drinking and fucking. i am smart, but most "smart" threads on here are about politics and i hate fucking politics. but i dont think i made you look like a fool. at least you had some knowledge on the subject /*/points finger at someone else/*/

The problem with keeping people in prison is that it's just so damn expensive.

Quoted post[/post]]
Ugh. I had forgotten people have trouble reading here. Where did i associate the policies of the US gov't with christianity? I was making an appeal to christians, nothing more.

Ok, and whats your point? is this a failing of the death penalty or prison security? Yes bad people are in prison, and sometimes they escape. The discussion isnt whether or not prisoners can escape and what they do when they escape, but the ethics of capital punishment. I mean really, if you are that concerned about crime and the safety of non-criminals, why dont you just espouse killing poor people, i mean after all, theyre more likely to offend.

stop talking out your ass and do some research. Out of the 57 people put to death in 2005, 17 were Black and 3 were Latino. The remaining 37 were White. Out of the 59 people put to death in 2004, 19 were Black, 3 were Hispanic, and 1 was Asian. The remaining 36 were White.

Again, what does presenting some statistics mean? Do these numbers tell everything there is to the story? Im not going to bother quoting a ton of information as i know it is prohibitive towards getting people to read these things, so Instead all just point you here: http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/article.php?did=105&scid=5 . That aside, if you look at PROPORTION the proportions of those recieving the death penalty, they do not equal the proportions of the various ethnicities in American society.

Do me a favor and not only read things that are written, but reread them and think before you post. I feel obligated to respond because i dont think you understand, but there are better things i could be doing with my time.

Quoted post[/post]]
Actually, given the nature of our criminal justice system it costs more to execute someone than to keep them in prison for life.

Quoted post[/post]]
i would rather legalize marijuana and pardon all non violent offenders convicted under the rockefeller laws to deal with prison overpopulation than execute one person...
So innocent people should be killed by repeat felony offenders because the judicial system screwed up a few times? And what's your criteria for "non-violent" offenders? What about B&E? Maybe next time that "non-violent" second story man kills the family of the house he's breaking into because they catch him midway through.

Fact is prison isn't so much a reform school as it is just a school. Most people that go in come out worse. Everyone I know that has been inside came out a better criminal. I have a "friend" in now for putting a DE .50 between some kids ears for sunglasses, he'd already been in for guess what...possesion of marijauna, so, I guess he would have fit the typical "non-violent" offenders profile.

That's what sucks. Sometimes it takes years and years for a DP recipient to actually be executed. If we offed them as soon as they were convicted it would be cheaper.

If the prisons could be reformed so that they were mostly self sufficient then I'd be onboard.

QUOTE(reckedracing @ Dec 12 2005, 11:40 PM)

So innocent people should be killed by repeat felony offenders because the judicial system screwed up a few times? And what's your criteria for "non-violent" offenders? What about B&E? Maybe next time that "non-violent" second story man kills the family of the house he's breaking into because they catch him midway through.

Fact is prison isn't so much a reform school as it is just a school. Most people that go in come out worse. Everyone I know that has been inside came out a better criminal. I have a "friend" in now for putting a DE .50 between some kids ears for sunglasses, he'd already been in for guess what...possesion of marijauna, so, I guess he would have fit the typical "non-violent" offenders profile.

i didn't realize that B&E was covered under the rockefeller laws...
i was specifically refering to drug related non-violent crimes, and even more specifically refering to marijuana...
i think its retarded that this plant is illegal, and that people are serving long terms for posessing it, or selling it for that matter...
you get rid of the marijuana offenders and i think you would eliminate overcrowding, but i have no stats to back that up...

and the second paragraph kinda illustrates my point, first you say most people come out as better criminals, then you go on to say about how a kid went away for pot, then offed someone when he got back out...
so his time made him a more hardened criminal that was capable of commiting murder...
perhaps he wouldn't have been so eager to kill someone over sunglasses had he not been put away for possession of marijuana?
yea, its a stretch, but it could go either way here...

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Ugh. I had forgotten people have trouble reading here. Where did i associate the policies of the US gov't with christianity? I was making an appeal to christians, nothing more.

Ok, and whats your point? is this a failing of the death penalty or prison security? Yes bad people are in prison, and sometimes they escape. The discussion isnt whether or not prisoners can escape and what they do when they escape, but the ethics of capital punishment. I mean really, if you are that concerned about crime and the safety of non-criminals, why dont you just espouse killing poor people, i mean after all, theyre more likely to offend.

Again, what does presenting some statistics mean? Do these numbers tell everything there is to the story? Im not going to bother quoting a ton of information as i know it is prohibitive towards getting people to read these things, so Instead all just point you here: http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/article.php?did=105&scid=5 . That aside, if you look at PROPORTION the proportions of those recieving the death penalty, they do not equal the proportions of the various ethnicities in American society.

Do me a favor and not only read things that are written, but reread them and think before you post. I feel obligated to respond because i dont think you understand, but there are better things i could be doing with my time.

Quoted post[/post]]
Actually, given the nature of our criminal justice system it costs more to execute someone than to keep them in prison for life.
i really believe your talking out your ass. ok so you made an appeal to christianity. but by not relating it to the US it really has no point.

Did you read what i wrote? the death penalty is needed because 276 people were killed my previous homicide offenders. 276 people were murdered because we didnt give these people the death penalty in the first place.

and again did you read that site? thats where i actually got my statistics. its say people who kill white victims are more likely to get the death penalty, but the majority of the defendents were white.

im not saying that reform is not need. most death row inmates die in jail before there sentence is carried out and administering a $86.08 procedure winds up costing about 2 million dollars more than a life sentence. but the death penalty is not wrong. im not some redneck saying kill them all, let god sort it out, im saying capital punishment is neccessary in certain circumstances. tookie started a gang that all but started gang violence. he has indirectly murdered so many people. if anyone deserves to be put to death, it is that mother fucker. yes he has reformed and is now anti-gang, but would there be such a gang problem if he hadnt done what he did?

A disproportionate number of those executed were black and many were convicted by juries containing no blacks, the group said in a report.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/04/24/...ain550986.shtml
can we be done with this now?
Let me spell out my train of thought because i don't think that you are going to understand this unless i do
Most Americans are Chistians
most hondaswap members are Americans
Therefore, most hondaswap members are Christians.
In essence, I am challenging the people in this thread who advocate the use of the death penalty, and who are christians, to reevaluate their words in the context of their religion. This is not an action to get any sort of institutional change, but to get these people to think about their own sense or morality.
You keep saying that the death penalty is not wrong, but you can't seem to exactly why? the best you've got is that they will offend again. Again, if you are so concerned about the statistical probablility or reoffending (youve presented a few examples, overall statistics would help) then why not just eradicate the populations who are most "at risk"?

if nothing else, hopefully this will dispell the myth of arnold being a social liberal.

Quoted post[/post]]
You keep saying that the death penalty is not wrong, but you can't seem to exactly why? the best you've got is that they will offend again. Again, if you are so concerned about the statistical probablility or reoffending (youve presented a few examples, overall statistics would help) then why not just eradicate the populations who are most "at risk"?

now you're just being stupid and trying to get a reaction
are you actually trying to draw a comparison between putting offenders to death AFTER they have commited a crime, and, killing off an entire class of people before they actually do anything because they are more likely to commit an offense
right............

and this "disproportionate ammount of blacks in prison or on death row when compared to their numbers in society" arguement is also fucking stupid

Originally posted by CNN
Blacks comprise 12 percent of the U.S. population, but 41 percent of those on death row and 35 percent of those executed between 1977 and 2001 were black, according to the Justice Department's Bureau of Justice Statistics.

yeah and????? whats the fucking point???? aside from trying to imply some sort of racism bullshit
statistics can be bent a million ways to make them imply whatever the person bending them wants to

your using a slippery slope. if they may commit a crime, then why not kill them? killing them is not the only option.

also i can justify my place. i myself am not christian. i am agnostic. no religion that man has created is without flaws. however i do believe parts of every religion. i believe in the ten commandments, but i also believe in certain parts of the Koran. verse 4:93-“he that kills a believer by design shall burn in Hell for ever”. and verse 5:32-“whoever killed a human being, except as punishment for murder or other villainy in the land, shall be regarded as having killed all mankind”. if you have the intent to kill someone, you deserve to die.

Back