Top Gear on Discovery Channel

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GSRCRXsi

Super Moderator
VIP
own me if this is a repost, lol.

just saw a comercial on discovery channel that Top gear will be airing soon :)

this makes me very happy :):):):):):):):)

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

As long as they don't modify the show to "suit American audiences" or some shit like that.

Originally posted by ripperbone@Jul 12 2005, 10:20 PM
i dont have cable or dish at the moment, just moved :(

whats top gear?
[post=525090]Quoted post[/post]​

its a show from British... they test and review all sorts of cars, from million dollar supercars to $5000 POSs
and they dont hold back on their reviews, if they feel that the car they are testing is crap, they say it

its not at all like the bullshit ass kissing festivals they have on spike TV on the weekends

been on for a while now. i've seen 3 different episodes already. unfortunately, i've already seen them all online. lol

I've been watching Top Gear on discovery for over a month and a half now.

And it's really good, It's the british tests and versions, and now he just includes the american audiences in on their terminology.

-> Steve

Fifth gear, the actual show from britain airs at 230 eastern wednesday on speed, and top gear isn't much different. I really enjoy the show. It is just better than the rest for some reason. I guess it is from the unrefined style and how they speak what comes to mind rather than reading prewritten scripts.

5th gear is a spin off of top gear

top gear on BBC came out several years ago... it was Tiff and Jeremy and a few other random hosts

then channel 5 stole Tiff for their own show "5th Gear" (paid him retarded ammounts of money to come do their show)

hmmm... I guess it is "5th Gear".. But it's got the same people, and the same format - It's crazy. They had a bullet-train vs Aston Martin DB9 show on it that showed the guy blasting down public roads at high speed to beat the train.

He even looked drunk doing it.

-> Steve

Originally posted by Celerity@Jul 13 2005, 04:55 PM
hmmm... I guess it is "5th Gear".. But it's got the same people, and the same format - It's crazy. They had a bullet-train vs Aston Martin DB9 show on it that showed the guy blasting down public roads at high speed to beat the train.

He even looked drunk doing it.

-> Steve
[post=525632]Quoted post[/post]​

no, TOP gear is on Disc channel, FIFTH gear is like the OBX version

thats Top Gear ive seen that eppisode it was Jeremy Clarkson driving the DB9... he always looks that way

ok heres the rundown one more time

BOTH shows are from British
Top Gear started first on BBC
5th Gear is a spin off show that started a few years later on Chanel 5

5th gear has been offered on Speed in the US for about a year or so
Top Gear just came over here on Discovery about a month or two ago

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 12 2005, 10:29 PM
been on for a while now. i've seen 3 different episodes already. unfortunately, i've already seen them all online. lol
[post=525132]Quoted post[/post]​

link?

i dont remember where i got them. use the BT search engine...

last nights was a re-run too.

disc channel is starting to piss me off :(

play some new shit y0

i liked it....i never saw that one...i love discovey.....btw...that maserati sucked balls...

Saw it on tv the other day, they raced a Aston Martin and public transportation/Frances high speed train from some place in the uk to monte carlo in France. The Aston Martin won. :lol:
Ohh I have Dish Network, not sure if that makes a difference on discovery programming?

Back