top speed in a civic Si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dixonsi

i was just wondering what the top speed is in a b16a2. Also i checked my carfax report to day and it said i have a Sir what is the difference between the 2000 civic Si and Sir?

118mph limited by the computer ... now if you were to actually calculate the formula using the gearing, rpm limit, tire size....

it would pan out to the guy freakin out over the cop that just passed by and at a buck thirty he will slam on the brakes rolling the car and killing himself or others....imo, stay in the posted limits...they are set there for a reason. go to a track and find out those speeds for yourself, just don't do it on the streets. that's what tracks are for.

With a chip (to remove limiting) I'd guess 130ish.

But, every car, and every car's history is different. It could vary alot.

I've hit 140 in my integra, when it was a stock b18a, but it took a LOONNNNGG time to get there.

ok to just say im not doing this on the street ummmmm if you did not know you can find out on a dyno im just trying to find out to compare to my top speed b/c i got this car with mods already on it and i dont know what all it has just trying to find out if any one knows damn! but on that note i did not know that they have governers and on the track ( i do go ) i have hit 147 racing my brother in his 4gen max. like i said i dont know if i have a chip all i know is that it has header,cai,cat back.so what about the sir question what is the difference between the Si and Sir?

The cams I believe are a bit different, but not sure as to how much. MAwybe a slightly different tune on the ecu, but that won't matter if you are chipping and tuning your own ecu.

top speed with a b16 tranny is 143 before you hit your limiter.. or somewhere around there..

i hit my top speed its 153mph done it on the track racing an 300zxTT he got me but not by much. if you say that an si tranny can hit 143 or some were around there do you think some thing could be done to my tranny and by the way i hit rev limter at 8500 or close to that any idea on whats going on?

i hit my top speed its 153mph done it on the track racing an 300zxTT he got me but not by much. if you say that an si tranny can hit 143 or some were around there do you think some thing could be done to my tranny and by the way i hit rev limter at 8500 or close to that any idea on whats going on?

On a track? Right. On a drag strip, your going to hit low 90's with a stock Si and if your on a road course, your not going to go much faster then that on a long straight unless your on something like the 'ring. Most road courses might have a straight that you can hit maybe a 100-110 and even that is fast for a road course (unless your in a 911 Turbo)

As for difference between the Si and SiR, it depends on where your from. In canada, an Si is just the american EX with only 127hp, and the SiR is the USDM Si with a b16a2 (or some code similar) and has 160hp. In Japan, the SiR has 170hp with slightly more aggressive cams and a little more compression.

near where i live there is a shop that a friend of mine owns and when he fixs up a car he takes it to a air port(not in use) that the guy does not care if we run are cars .now the guy has set up a kind of track to see what the top speed of car is. but just like any raceing it is dangerous and we take are own risk. i could most likely say a lot of thing about the thing other ppl do but im not like that. as for the si/sir in the us are they the same? like i said i got a car fax report and mine came up as a sir but i got a b16a2. i was told by a friend that in the us it is all looks.

an empty airport, hmm thats sweet. id like to see pics

an empty airport, hmm thats sweet. id like to see pics

most airstrips aren't that long, and if it was it would probably mean there is a place to land big planes...thus people would still be using it. there is NO WAY IN HELL that you can get your car to top speed on an airstrip without some kind of forced induction/nitrous combination...sorry...too short a distance.

most airstrips aren't that long, and if it was it would probably mean there is a place to land big planes...thus people would still be using it. there is NO WAY IN HELL that you can get your car to top speed on an airstrip without some kind of forced induction/nitrous combination...sorry...too short a distance.

:withstupid: Top gear does there show on an old air strip and with the first Konisig.somethingsomethingsomething which has about 5 times the power as a stock Si, did 180mph before running out of tarmac. I am pretty sure 5x the power equates to more then 27mph.

Well since your other question bout the difference between si and sir was answered already i'll just add to eg6, it's hard to say what the top speed is cause there are some freak cars out there like my si before I did any swapping with just i/h/e I hit 140 and still had room to go more, my buddy could only get his up to 120.

Back