Top Speed - Who's Done It?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive gone to 115 in my 89 crx dx with short ram intake, nothing else. havent tried to max out the speed since ive had my current mods...but i know that i can now go 105 on a fairly steep uphill freeway section that i take to work everyday. before, i could only do 85 :lol:

178 mph, 2001 911 carrera i/h/e. never again will i ride with that guy. personally i have done 142 in my prelude i used to have.

Originally posted by rixXxceboy@Jun 6 2003, 03:30 AM
ive gone to 115 in my 89 crx dx with short ram intake, nothing else. havent tried to max out the speed since ive had my current mods...but i know that i can now go 105 on a fairly steep uphill freeway section that i take to work everyday. before, i could only do 85 :lol:

That intake makes a huge difference on the top end of that D15B2 huh?

:lol:

126 in my 86 saab 900 turbo, that thing was a super sleeper, until i got boost greedy and blew it up. oh well I got a honda now, no regrets.

Originally posted by vtecsir1@Jun 6 2003, 03:37 AM
178 mph, 2001 911 carrera i/h/e. never again will i ride with that guy. personally i have done 142 in my prelude i used to have.

:eek: Lose bladder control? I have done 140+ at least 20 times, 155+ ONCE and it scared the SHIT out of me. If you even hit a pebble that fast you're dead.
178mph!!!!!! :worthy:

Originally posted by knowledge@Jun 5 2003, 11:10 AM
LMMFAO bro. You need to make time this weekend to fix that. It is(well in my book) Important to always have the CEL OFF! you never know when a new code might get thrown at you. With the CEL on like that you wouldn't even know. MAKE TIME BRO! It is important.

Haha, :lol: yea I know, I pull the CEL every couple days to make sure nothing new has popped up though.

130 in my 91 integra on the san mateo bridge, would've taken it more but since they added lanes and put in an emergency parking lane, the CHP has been patrolling it and pulling people over on it.

stock 97 civic DX - 131
post b18b swap with gsr trans - 8 months later my car still has problems so i have yet to top it out

Originally posted by Calesta+Jun 6 2003, 03:57 AM-->
rixXxceboy
@Jun 6 2003, 03:30 AM

:lol: i think my top end was 115 before the intake too :lol:

Originally posted by rixXxceboy+Jun 7 2003, 11:11 PM-->
Originally posted by Calesta@Jun 6 2003, 03:57 AM
rixXxceboy
@Jun 6 2003, 03:30 AM

:lol: i think my top end was 115 before the intake too :lol:

Ah, ok. We could feel the difference in Katie's 88 LX when the intake was added... the stock system is so choked off!

my polished eBAY intake overrides my ECU and gives me a top end of around 156mph on my d15b7 I think. As soon as that single cam gets spinning, it's bye bye!

well, i have a b18a with stock LS tranny right now, so with my long ass gears i burrowed the speedo ( 220km/h) at 6200 rpm, so i probably coulda hit around 240-250, after i get the b16a tranny all hooked up ill b cut back to about about 170 as top speed:p

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jun 4 2003, 06:48 PM
Not the fastest, but a good cruising speed on the autobahn....

Still making sure the motor is up to it, but shortly after I got passed by a Alfa and picked it up for a minute but still didn't break 110. As far as the fastest hmmmm.... around 140 in a BMW.

Did you import an american car to Europe? I thought that cars in Europe use the KM/H scale, not MPH. :ph34r: :D

As a passenger:

110+ everyday to work w/ this idiot in a 300Z before I could find another ride.
145+ in a Hemi 'Cuda in high school (mid eighties). The car was still pulling but the driver got scared. I was WAY past scared!!!
180+ (??) '00 Pont Gran Prix..Atlanta Motor Speedway..Richard Petty Driving Experience (DO IT!!!)click me!

As a Driver:

110 '92 VX hatch w/ D16z6 swap... would go more but I don't want another ticket
125ish..'85 Saab 9000 turbo...smoked that tired 280Z
160 and change.. Atlanta Motor Speedway... see above

I was running from the cops in my 96 hatch with lsswap and topped out 5th gear at 7300 rpms my car only weighs 2100 lbs and that was on my 17s so I am guessing around 150 or so car was very stable ;)

125 and that all the tiny dx motor could spin out

then 128 down hill like 20 seconds after that on the way to DC.

now however for the turn on gum road max safest speed limit sign says 25MPH

im come out of it screaming 60.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back