1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

torque setting

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by mi1av0ng, Jun 15, 2007.

1. mi1av0ng

mi1av0ng Junior Member

Sorry if this questions been answered a billion times already, I tried searching but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. I have a del sol S model and I was considering doing the spark plug changes myself, I really don't want to have to take it to a shop to have it done. I have a torque wrench, and was wondering if someone could share the torque specs and gap setting information with me. I also hear that automotive companies already choose the 'best' spark plug brand for their motors if so which spark plug should I be going with? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

2. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

if you get the NGK Iridiums you're not supposed to gap them.. they come pre-gapped..

3. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

I've never had problems with Bosch Platinum 2 prong plugs, no need to gap those either.

4. mi1av0ng

mi1av0ng Junior Member

Alright so I guess if some of the spark plugs already come gapped, I'll go with a brand that has them pre-gapped for me. Just wanted to be safe, and the torque setting is 13 ft.lbs for any brand spark plug?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2007
  5. phyregod

phyregod !!YTINASNI

Get NGK plugs if you can.. Just the regular ones.. should run you 2-3 bucks each. Great plugs. I've never had an issue with one and run them in all of my cars.

6. Baker502

Baker502 New Member

i would also recomend NGK's they are great plugs and that is also what the factory recomends. sometimes it say's so on the timming cover.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted