1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Torque specs

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by MazdaAspec, Apr 30, 2009.

1. MazdaAspec

MazdaAspec /\ IDIOT ALERT /\

I am unable to find a Hanes book around this stupid town to tell me specs for the bolts. I am just looking for the valve cover torque spec for a B16a head. I put a new gasket on, should I just clean it all up and put it on or do I need to add anything befor i put it on???

2. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

7.2 ft-lbs (86in-lbs)

3. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

You can use gasket sealer if you want, but I always just clean it up good around the edges and put it on. I also would recommend turning the motor on and running your hands around the edges of the valve cover (don't actually touch it though) to see if you can feel any air or oil squirting out anywhere. Sometimes the gasket can slip out a bit as you're setting the cover down back onto the head and leave gaps...

4. phyregod

phyregod !!YTINASNI

Put a small dab of sealant in the corners by the cams. Other than that, clean everything up really well and DONT over torque it. Life should be good.

1 person likes this.
  5. MazdaAspec

thanks guys. ALSO>>> I had another thing posted that said massive problems, well i still have problems. EG6SIR will laugh at this. That part was still the incorrect part for that oil seal. I actually ordered that one as well about 3 day ago. So should I just find one with the same dimensions and just put it in hoping for the best???

6. eg6sir

still the wrong part?? wow.. how many can there possibly be.. since you're a cable tranny that may be why..

7. eg6sir

alright Mazda .. sorry bout that..

try this part #.. its for a 92 GSR w/ a cable tranny, not hydro
    91260-SK7-013

8. eg6sir

9. MazdaAspec

ooo its cool this part is kicking me square in the nutz and i liked it at first but now it is hard to breathe. I am thinking it will be looking different then the one that came out just because this is a JDM tranny and here in this place called America we make things different. So I might buy this part just to see if it fits and then go from there. The only things it has to do is hold the oil back and to let the shaft spin around and circles. RIGHT??

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted