Torque Steer?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SolLess16

my cars pulling really bad to the right when i really get on it - i went and got it aligned and the guy said i had torque steer . iv never heard of it before and he said my tranny was sitting wrong or something - anyone know what could cuase this?? or heard of torque steer??

tourque streer happens when one wheel gets significantly more power than the other
get an LSD that will help it ... but there is really nothing you can do to get rid of it all together

Originally posted by E_SolSi@May 30 2003, 09:50 PM
tourque streer happens when one wheel gets significantly more power than the other
get an LSD that will help it ... but there is really nothing you can do to get rid of it all together

it probally can be sovled with an intermediate shaft. most civics use one long axle and one short axle, which can contribute to torque steer.

I know that Z speed makes a traction bar set that works awesome. It is very expensive and will prevent wheel hop and help keep the front end tight. I think it is worth while if the torque steer is really pissing you off!!

:burnout:

has anyone ever had torque steer and got these traction bars and actually solved the problem? ? also whats Z speeds website - thanks

pissedoffsol is right, you will never get rid of torque steer on hondas because of the fact that the axels are not equal lengths. We must remember that Honda never figured that us :fr: would be doing crazy shit with their product and :tfg:

So i'v come to the conclusion i will always have torque steer - but how exactly does it start - when i first bought the car i had no problem with it at all - then recently i have noticed it and now it is horrible. i dont know if this is how all honda's get but i cant stand driving it anymore - i have about 20 freinds all with honda's and none of my friends have this problem, so just wondering if i can replace my driveshafts and maybe help the problem alittle bit becuase i'm about to go crazy driving my car - thanks again

If your car has more horsepower than your friends......question answered. Did you actually see your alignment readout to see that it was all good?

my car actually has the least out of all of my freinds - i read the alignment and was all good so its leaving me nowhere -

just one other thing it isn't as significant as lsd or acid but its a hell of alot cheaper u can try polyurathane motor mounts it helped mine a bit but mine wasnt that severe any way also helps alittle bit for wheel hop on acceleration. but your car will send more viberations into the cockpit. and if your gf is cheating already she just might leave u for your car but isnt that what u dream about any way. $40 bucs to your door and not hard to install with a few tools and a jack with a block of wood. ;)

not to jack your thread but are traction bars even close to street legal,and could a frame problem contribute to his excessive amount

nothing is street legal dude... blue light bulbs aren't.... altered suspension isn't...

but we do it anyway. off-road use only = don't get caught with it and try to blame us

my girlfriend already left me for my car - JK - i noticed today when i really get on it my steering wheel is bouncing around more than normal as well can it be a frame problem?? where can i order those bushings from ?? do they come in the kit from energy suspension - also who makes and aftermarket front tie rod? anyone use one or waste of my time -thanks

Originally posted by SolLess16@Jun 1 2003, 09:16 AM
So i'v come to the conclusion i will always have torque steer - but how exactly does it start - when i first bought the car i had no problem with it at all - then recently i have noticed it and now it is horrible. i dont know if this is how all honda's get but i cant stand driving it anymore - i have about 20 freinds all with honda's and none of my friends have this problem, so just wondering if i can replace my driveshafts and maybe help the problem alittle bit becuase i'm about to go crazy driving my car - thanks again

Alignment could be off.
tire pressure coule be off
you could have snapped a ti-rod
you might have a bad axle.

well i just got it aligned , my tire pressure is good , checked the tierods and are ok , how do i check the axle ?? let me know thanks

Back