toshiba laptop - media controls w/ itunes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I believe that, I don't think that Quicktime makes it worth buying a Mac.

Quicktime for sure is not the reason I own a few Apple computers. I have a PC and I have run various versions of BSD on them. I am not a fan, I like the simplicity and the attention to detail that Apple has put into the OS. Little things like the installer, and larger things like factory supported distributed computer out of the box. In terms of software taking up too much memory iTunes takes 25MB, of my 4GB on my PowerMac, and 25MB of 2GB on my MacBook Pro. Firefox takes up twice that when I browsing hondaswap. I need to boot into Windows and see what the memory allocation is for iTunes.

If you aren't set on having a micro-kernel then run Ubuntu and make KDE use the OSX skin. Unbuntu is as easy (I think easier) than OSX. And the installer may not be as pretty (not a valid concern) but it is as easy.

You might have factory supported solution, but you are buying into the same business model that Microsoft tried to use with their distributors. You are locked into running OSX because the minute you don't, you lose your hardware warranty.

Back