Total cost

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

klei2fast

Assuming I have the car (00 ek) and I got the k20 for $3000, how much more would it cost to install it myself and what would I need? Thanks for the help.

BUMP...I know somebody can help me out here. I really would like to do this, but I need to know cost first. I want to be able to do this swap w/ race headers, intake and exhaust. Car already has suspension work done.

Originally posted by klei2fast@Sep 27 2004, 08:23 AM
Assuming I have the car (00 ek) and I got the k20 for $3000, how much more would it cost to install it myself and what would I need? Thanks for the help.
[post=395173]Quoted post[/post]​

Assuming by "k20 for $3000" that it is simply the engine.

The list is rather long... tranny, wiring, mounts...etc.

What exactly are race headers?

Well here is the directions on how to do it. (requires adobe) here. But what is gonna hurt your wallet is the nounts and the axles. Hasport sells k series axles made for a ek swap. So thats almost a grand in those 2 things.

I am getting the entire swap for $3000. Besides axles and mounts which will be $1000, is there anthing else? So, I'm up to $4000, so far.

where are you getting it for 3k? everywhere is 5999 - 6299. Unless its a firend who just wants to off it cuz he crashed his car or something, I'd HIHGLY question its legality. if its stolen, don't buy it. thats all there is to it. not only will i have to kick your ass, you're promoting theivery, and more so, against you, you're an accessory for receiving stolen goods- and thats jail time hommie. so, make sure its legit. run the vin through your police station. it costs like $10.

have a look at this thread:
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=611225

You can get a type-r for about 5k with mounts from hmotorsonline. Why wouldn't I be able to by a k20a2 for 3k? I found 3-4 on honda-tech for that much. Anyways, thanks for the help.

AHhhh the A2.

do your self a favor, don't bother. that motor sucks compared to its types/typer brother.

Looks like i'm keeping my ep3, but I wouldn't mind doing a swap in that either. Just need to save up some money. Does anyone know why people are selling there wrx's so cheap? Is there anything wrong with them?

Back