totalled my car last night

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

VTEC_CBR

so driving home from work last night at about 11pm. i was northbound on I-95 between charleston and eastetn(for those who know vegas). while on the inside lane, traffic slowed to about 45mph because of a city work vehicle in the lane. we were going that speed for a good 10-15 seconds, when a guy crushes into me from behind at probably 80mph. :angry: anyway, i call my boss, and he comes to make sure i am ok, and we call the police. the guy had been drinking, and it took the cop roug ly 45 minutes to give him a field sobriety test even though he smelled the alcohol right away. :angry: then he told me and my boss we could leave. but my 97 coupe has enough damage to be totalled. oh well, when i get my insurance money i'll be heading to the subaru dealer to find out about an 06 sti, hopefilly i can get financed, i have a good score, but short history :keeps fingers crossed: if not that high, we have some good used cars where i work, and i can get them for cheap, like an 03-04(don't remember)A4 1.8t that i can get for like 17k or an 05 si for real cheap too. i just want a dd that i will be a good car. end of story.

Glad to hear you're alright and I hope things work out for the better for you.

Sometimes totaling an older car makes you more money than anything else.

My del sol was hit 3-4 times and never totaled but each time I collected $1000-1700 and then I sold the car in poor condition for $1100.

The final income made from the car was around $4500-4800 and thats after I drove it for 25,000 miles. I made off of it, what I paid for it and had the luxury of driving 25,000 miles of its life for virtually free.

geta 00 or 01 A4 if you're looking for one. They're the best year for the 1.8t's.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 7 2005, 05:46 PM
glad to hear you're ok.

but the 06 sti's suck. no one likes the new front end change....
[post=537059]Quoted post[/post]​

i like the new front end, at first it was a little strange, but it looks nice in person...

Back