Touge

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

YangpaNemsay

I'm planning to get an EG Civic. Is that platform capable of being able to handle well on a twisty course/touge road (incl. Hairpins)?

Being on the same chassis as the DC2, I would think that upgrading the suspension, some aero and mild tune of the engine will make it equal or better than a DC on a twisty course.

what about the top fuel neo geo civic..... i think that hondas have one of the best suspensions in the stock market....i would say that you could make the car handle great....

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 29 2004, 11:25 AM
wtf is touge?
[post=438643]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

engrish_prease.gif

isnt that the japanese race up and down a hill, one starts of in front of the other, if you cant shake the guy behind you then the person in back wins. and i fyou lose him the person in front wins. its just a mtn road with turns... woo fucking hoo

isnt that the japanese race up and down a hill, one starts of in front of the other, if you cant shake the guy behind you then the person in back wins. and i fyou lose him the person in front wins. its just a mtn road with turns... woo fucking hoo

LOL! That's Initial D Style

Touge is basically mountain runs. Like Tail of the Dragon, that would be a touge. If anyone has ever driven through mountains, you know that there are some hairpin turns, Uphill, then Downhill, as many times as you want until you get it out of your system or until you experience crazy brake fade.

I know street racing is dangerous, touge isn't that different, but the rules of touge is that you drive at 70% of your limit. If you drive 100% and you mess up on a corner then you'll either go into the barrier off the side of the mountain or into the mountain. Driving at 70% gives you room for error. The mountains around where I live are empty of other drivers really late at night.

I just want to know that if an EG Civic would be able to handle Hairpins and twisty sections well with a few Suspension Mods (Springs/Shocks, Rear Sway Bar, Front/Rear Strut Bars, Lighter wider wheels, Good Tires) and Engine Mods.

touge=mountain racing. think of it as a high speed autocross that goes up and down hills.

a eg would be fine, lighteness, response, and balance is what makes a fast touge car. the jun prelude was able to beat the mcr s2000 in that type of race. but in general, a rwd is prefered for touge.

Originally posted by YangpaNemsay@Dec 29 2004, 01:15 AM
I'm planning to get an EG Civic. Is that platform capable of being able to handle well on a twisty course/touge road (incl. Hairpins)?

Being on the same chassis as the DC2, I would think that upgrading the suspension, some aero and mild tune of the engine will make it equal or better than a DC on a twisty course.
[post=438530]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, it can handle. Just set the suspension up correctly and you'll be fine. My old roommate and I used to run through the Austin twisties late at night, and I was always riding his STi's ass. He's a pretty good driver too.

Originally posted by YangpaNemsay@Dec 29 2004, 01:15 PM

I know street racing is dangerous, touge isn't that different, but the rules of touge is that you drive at 70% of your limit. If you drive 100% and you mess up on a corner then you'll either go into the barrier off the side of the mountain or into the mountain. Driving at 70% gives you room for error. The mountains around where I live are empty of other drivers really late at night.
[post=438697]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah, beacuse we can just flip a switch and drive at 70% of our limit. :lol:

i just pull a random spark plug wire to give me a nice solid 75%...

:lol:

Back