Tour de France anyone

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRX-YEM

Super Moderator
VIP
So anyone keeping track of the tour. Cavendish lost the green today. Nocentini still holds the yellow. Astana still has a very good shot at taking the mountain stages with Lance and Lance should do very well in the time trials in the mountains.

Ive been watching all three hours since stage nine. I am excited to see what Lance does in the hills.

i've been catching bits and pieces here and there on Vs. Is it bad that most of the time i'm watching, i'm checking out the volvos and audi pace cars? lol

Ive been watching it on Vs. as well. Im generally scoping out the bikes the riders are on, I find it fascinating that their bikes are worth more than some 2 or 3 year old small sedans haha.

Nothing impresses me more then the strength and endurance it takes to do what these guys do, but i will be god dammed if i am going to sit around and watch dudes ride bikes for 3 hours....no way no how,,,,

The first time i got on my mountain bike last year...and rode about 3/4 a mile(very hilly) i thought i was going to have to admit myself into the hospital...couldn't breathe...was dizzy...had no strength left lol...holy fuck its tough when your out of shape

9miles is a start, I did 12mi last Sat. going for 20mi tomorrow, although that's nothing compared to the tour

Yeah I watch it everyday like 4 times I work at a bike shop so we are forced to watch it. I think yesterdays stage was pretty exciting

I agree, yesterday was one of the best stages yet.

i think the most impressive thing is the average speed.
its usually upwards of 20mph.

that is HAULING on a pedal bike. 20mph is about what you do downhill when it feels fast. these guys are tearing up mountains at that pace. it's really insane.

Yeah it is really amazing. I am glad people here can respect cycling. It is really hard to get respect. No one seems to think its difficult or very interesting.

I think it's difficult, but not very interesting. I'd rather go ride my own bike than watch professionals, but I guess that line of reasoning applies to most activities/sports. Probably why I don't watch pro sports.

Definitely difficult and simply amazing what these athletes can, but about as boring as watching paint dry.

Back