Toyota 22R

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

endlesszeal

my dad has a better toyota pickup truck and the motor just leaked water and its gone to shit.. i kno its a honda site, but some of u guys seem to know quite a deal about Toyotas.. so does anyone know where i can get a 22R long block for cheap? preferrably around the Nor Cal area.. thanks a lot guys.

:worthy: 22R

my first car was a toyota pu with a 22R (1982)
being a dumb kid I ran it 11K miles W'O' an oil change
at 180k miles, and it didn't even phase it :lol:

yeah its a tough bitch.. it flooded twice but still fired up :lol: .. but alas, its getting tired out and my dad doesnt want to spend more money trying to fix it again and tearing it down..

the 22r kicks ass my dad has a whole fleet of themsome with like 300k, one of my first vehicles was a 89 toy with 33's on it, itd hop the front wheels off the ground a good foot pumping on and off the gas

I would have to say from a relaibility standoint the 22R has to be one of the greatest engines ever. Toyota is known for high quality engines, hell they even mentioned it in my buisness class as a good example of company ethics reflecting on popular opinion. And to think the 22R stands out among them, that says something

EIDT- here is the link 22R

okay, now we all know its a tough piece of shit.. does anyone have any idea where to get one?? i got quoted 1000 fucking shit at a local junkyard

thanks for the site silverchild, but jesus 1000 for a carb motor??? my goodness, the truck alone is worth like 600 bucks man.. maybe we should just junk it and get a different truck..

Back