Toyota futbol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

You guys have some serious misconceptions about WRX's.

I hit a deer the other month and the damage was limited. New hood, cracked the plastic ends on the radiator, bent my a/c condenser, my headlight brackets are probably broken but repairable.

The deer is was a huge buck. The car handled it well.

Seriously, if you're going to say something back it up.

The mirage is an econobox car thats built with subpar materials. The WRX may be an econobox "racecar" but its atleast built with good materials and has a company with a great reputation behind it, Fuji Heavy Industries that makes much of the worlds machinery. Whats mitsubishi doing right now again? Oh yeah, putting itself out of business because of faulty products, recalls, and lawsuits.

Steve, you are way too harsh on your WRX or you got a lemon. I've never heard of half the problems you have with you car and thats after scouring nasioc.com, clubwrx, i-club, rs25, njipc, daily.

No car is bullet proof.

Quoted post[/post]]
You guys have some serious misconceptions about WRX's.

Lets see about that.

I hit a deer the other month and the damage was limited. New hood, cracked the plastic ends on the radiator, bent my a/c condenser, my headlight brackets are probably broken but repairable.

The deer is was a huge buck. The car handled it well.

2 years ago I took this same exact hit from a buck (Remember, her WRX was hit by the deer broadside - There was nothing she could have done..... BRIAN (the driver just sucks)) and my Celica took on a slight fold in the fender.

This WRX looks as it was hit by a bus. likewise, the damage that you took on is horrendous as well. I've seen broken headlight bezels and a bent hood / fender corner when my buddy hit a deer at 120 mph (Yes, the spray of blood was on the Ruby Tuesday's window, guts all over a line of parked cars and the deer cleared the power lines). My gf hit a Deer on the Merritt Parkway at 75 in an MR2 and she cracked the piece of plastic around the pop-up light. My Supra was rear ended at ~20 mph, and the Van that hit it took on a broken radiator, and my rear bumper wasn't even pushed in. Later that year, 5 asshole honda owners stood on the hood and roof and snapped a picture.

Seriously, if you're going to say something back it up.

The mirage is an econobox car thats built with subpar materials. The WRX may be an econobox "racecar" but its atleast built with good materials and has a company with a great reputation behind it, Fuji Heavy Industries that makes much of the worlds machinery. Whats mitsubishi doing right now again? Oh yeah, putting itself out of business because of faulty products, recalls, and lawsuits.

Say something without backing it up, and the next sentence you bash a car that you know nothing about ? Nice. The WRX is a Loyale with a turbo in it. It's not a Legacy, it's not even a Brat. It's a GL-10 4 door. It isn't even available with a sunroof. You, my friend, bought a bottom-line edition of a platform and were convinced it was the shit. For the record, Subaru hasn't made a high quality car since the SVX, and even that was a step down from the RX, the XT and the Brat / GL coupes. Those cars astounded people with what they could handle. The WRX is a delicate little flower, with 5-out-of-10 grade materials and craftsmanship. You can hear that in the rain (The echoey rain sounds on the roof, despite the thick insulation sandwich).

I've owned LOTS of cars. I have owned and driven more cars than most entire families, including distant relatives. I lost count at 50. And I am telling you all, that the WRX 2.0 wagon feels, accelerates and brakes the SAME as my 1987 Supra NA. I am pretty sure the 87 Supra Turbo could chew on an STi, but I have little to back that up. Over that, the RX7 TII ate my Supra for a snack with it's AC on, so the STi is no longer something amazing. It's a family sedan that has been put on steroids. The STi may be better in snow, but the Supra got a dependable 25 mpg.

Steve, you are way too harsh on your WRX or you got a lemon. I've never heard of half the problems you have with you car and thats after scouring nasioc.com, clubwrx, i-club, rs25, njipc, daily.
No car is bullet proof.

No, if you read it's about half and half. I got a decent one, except the main pulley wobbles and it gets shitty mileage (It gets 23 mpg, which apparently is good). It also shakes a bit on the highway. And the clock burned out (Typical Subaru). And the clutch chatters. Yeah, that's about it. You'll read up and find these conditions on almost all of them (They are half and half on the mileage thing, and the crank pulley thing)

For bullet proof cars:
1970-1986 Celica and even some beyond
2nd gen Supra
1st gen MR2
every Corolla ever made
4th gen Supras
1980-1986 Subarus, with exceptions in the Loyales (Up to 93)
1984-1991 Hondas
1988- 240SXs
The lists go on :)

Quoted post[/post]]
i own an sti too. its really not all that.

Thats because you bought the wrong car.

It is "all that" for > $35,000.

You bought a $35,000 "rally car" and except german luxury. I've always heard you talk on here and you've always wanted luxury, I don't know why the hell you would have bought a bare bones "rally car" if a german car like the M3 is on the top of your "I want" list.

Steve, if somebody hit a deer at 120mph head on, they're dead 9 out of 10 times. Plain and simple. Talk to any cop and he will tell you this. At 120mph a deer can tear the roof off a car and practically tear a car in half. Steel, aluminum, carbon fiber, whatever the hell the material is, its going to be destroyed. End of story.

I have none of the problems that you have with your WRX, in mine. For the record, its not an insulation sandwich, it has very little insulation comparitively and that gives it the econobox feel but thats also the feel of a "rally car". What kind of materials would you like the car to be built with? They're par for the class and its not supposed to be a luxury car, just as a told B. The supra was a "high class sports car" fuck the car was $40,000+ depending on which model you got and that was 8 years ago - calculate inflation and you easily have a $45,000-$50,000 car that you're comparing with a $25,000 car in current times. Same goes with the Rx7.

You guys just don't understand what the car is meant for if you're bitching about the things that you are, you should have bought a 3 or 5 series or something compariable in the class.

I'm not defending the car simply because I bought it, I'm defending the car because these are the reasons that I bought it for. I researched this car BEFORE it made its way to our seas and as you personally know, Steve, it took me atleast 6 months to buy my specific car that I had my eyes on.

Cliff notes:
The WRX is a water downed rally car. The STi is a bit closer to a rally car. These cars have the same properties of rally cars and not luxury cars. Deal with the chatters, clangs, whatever the fuck noises come from this kind of car, or buy something more expensive.

Its a good car for its price class and performs what its supposed to do well in stock form for a STi and with slight mods for a WRX.

B you should've bought luxury...

Steve, you're full of shit about hitting a deer at 120mph head on - the car wouldn't look like a car.

I'm an asshole.

Quoted post[/post]]
For the record, Subaru hasn't made a high quality car since the SVX,

the SVX is a rageing shit box
my friend ray owned one
its ONLY available in automatic
it weighs 4000lbs
the automatic tranny cooks itself under even slightly spirited driving
the brakes are a JOKE
highspeed handling was pretty good... low speed cornering sucks ass
acceleration is uneventful
the interior is poorly laid out making a relatively large car feel very small
the windows look kinda cool but are about as functional as a 7 inch exhaust tip
its a fun car on the highway and thats about it

i was very interested in the SVX untill i started doing research on them and drove a few of them.... they suck ass

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
For the record, Subaru hasn't made a high quality car since the SVX,

my friend ray owned one
it weighs 4000lbs
the brakes are a JOKE

i was very interested in the SVX untill i started doing research on them and drove a few of them.... they suck ass

He also posted cars like 2nd and 4th generation supras that many people have had mixed reviews on, the mr2 and 240's. IMO 240's are pieces of garbage through and through.

I wasn't present for the deer hit, but I was a few seconds after it happened (He was way ahead of me). The first row of cars in the parking lot were covered in blood and chunks of organs. The restaurant window was spattered with bits of fur and organs, and witnesses outside said the front half of the deer was tossed over the power lines into it's final resting spot at the other side of the lot. The accident scene from deer hit to carcass rest was about 500 feet.

To be fair, the Neon took radiator damage, lights / fender / hood radiator support, headlight bucket and subframe and the windshield was broken.

What really surprised me was my Deer hit in the CRX. I hit a deer carcass at 30 mph in a lowered 87 Si with an airdam. The car sat on top of the carcass, all 4 wheels off the ground and slid down the road.

In the end, I pulled the airdam out and the lower radiator support was bent. The body showed no damage. Now, as the first gen guys can tell you, you can't lean on a first gen CRX without causing body damage.

Quoted post[/post]]
For the record, Subaru hasn't made a high quality car since the SVX, and even that was a step down from the RX, the XT and the Brat / GL coupes. Those cars astounded people with what they could handle.

ROFL!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

this may very well be post of the year.

the SVX is like thw worst car ever made. you CANT even get it with a manual transmission. WTF kind of "sports" car is that?

For bullet proof cars:
1984-1991 Hondas

i'd change this to 89-95

1988- 240SXs

lmao. 240's a shit boxes. i owned mine, what, less than a year?

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
i own an sti too. its really not all that.

Thats because you bought the wrong car.

It is "all that" for > $35,000.

You bought a $35,000 "rally car" and except german luxury. I've always heard you talk on here and you've always wanted luxury, I don't know why the hell you would have bought a bare bones "rally car" if a german car like the M3 is on the top of your "I want" list.

its true i guess... what i want, i can't afford... so i scraped the lux for some perf. cuza a 120 hp kia amante' with leather just wont' do it for me

B you should've bought luxury...

maybe the s4 wagon is in my future :p we'll see...

I'm an asshole.

yup... but we knew that, so its ok :p

Quoted post[/post]]
my friend ray owned one
it weighs 4000lbs
the brakes are a JOKE

:werd:

Back