Toyota GT-One?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Anyone know where to buy one and how much they go for? I'm talking about a road- going version.

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Jan 4 2004, 05:36 PM
you can pick them up in GT3. :p :) :lol:

You'd actually have to win it. :p 600 hp though... :drool:

Is there an actual street legal GT one?

I mean the real one that you can sit in. Yes, they sold a couple hundred road going versions, like Nissan did with the R390.

Not sure where to find them but I'll just assume it's above $350,000. Probably actually closer to the Enzo Ferrari's price of $670,000.

keep a look out in autoweek classifieds. They always have verious road cars in there. They even had a Mclearn F1 in there one time. mmmmmmmm

gt1 road car > r390 > mcdonalds f1

They can't be that much better... if they even are. The McLaren runs 10.8s from factory. What are the numbers for the other two? You don't hear much about them.

drag isn't everything

fuck the F1. i hate that car. so what if it can go 0-60 stupid fast.

my name for a mclaren f1.

most overrated car of the century IMO.

i bet a 180hp elise would own it on a road couse

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jan 5 2004, 08:31 AM
my name for a mclaren f1.

most overrated car of the century IMO.

i bet a 180hp elise would own it on a road couse

of course! isnt the mclaren also in jgtc? which i have seen none of the mid-engine v12s win(mclaren, lamborghini, mosler(v12?))

what makes an elise good? I know it handles better than any other car in the world but what about power. A race track with straights would kill it if it didnt have power.

a built lotus(via turbo) should be able to keep up with a n/a v12. even though it may not make as much power, the lotus is like 1000lbs lighter(weighs less than a civic).

b, i dont know about that, go download the topgear vid. It does great in the corners, and in the straights, it just wastes any other car.

The lotus is great because so many engines can be droped in there. k20a, in a 1400 lb car, that can get about 1.4g with r compounds. mmmmmm.

Originally posted by SolPWR@Jan 5 2004, 09:27 AM
what makes an elise good? I know it handles better than any other car in the world but what about power. A race track with straights would kill it if it didnt have power.

i can get you 2 videos of lotus elises taking out a ferrari F50 on a road course

:)

a built lotus(via turbo) should be able to keep up with a n/a v12. even though it may not make as much power, the lotus is like 1000lbs lighter(weighs less than a civic).

no need for a turbo to keep up or waste V12s

the newest elise
0-60 = 4.6sec
1/4mile = 12.0sec
lateral G = 1.41

those numbers are STOCK
and trust me there is plenty of room for improvement

b, i dont know about that, go download the topgear vid. It does great in the corners, and in the straights, it just wastes any other car.

yup seen the video .... VERY impressive car.... its a street legal lemans car

The lotus is great because so many engines can be droped in there. k20a, in a 1400 lb car, that can get about 1.4g with r compounds. mmmmmm.

the older models needed a little help in the power dept. (130hp) but the gen 2 elise is producing 190hp :)
the weight is a little higher EDM models weigh in at about 1700lbs ... the US model will be about 1950lbs

and the 1.41 lateral G was in stock form (no R compounds) :D

The new Elise is powered by the Celica GTS engine with some minor mods. I dont think the McLaren F1 is an overrated car. It was the first car to win overrall at LeMans in its in inaugural year. Not only that, but it took 1-2 finish. Anyway, too bad the GT1 didnt finish first.. so close, up to the last hour and blew a tire.. letting mazda brag that its the only jap company to finish first overrall.

No. Drag isn't everything. But it gives a pretty good idea of power combined with traction.

Who gives a hoot about Mazda. Does anyone know how many times they have entered into LeMans in order to win. The GT-ONE was entered I think for two or three years and almost took it all. Not taking anything away from the 787B... I'd wouldn't mind owning one. :D

As far as the JGTC goes... I'm curious to see how small the air restrictors on the Big-Mac are in order to bring it down to 500 hp.

i dont think they use air restrictors, it might just be a dyno and check thing. with air restrictors some cars could still make alot of power, like Steve Millen's 300zx.

Back