Toyota GT-One?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Alright... here's the scoop on Mazda and Toyota in Le Mans.

Beginning in 1970... Mazda entered for 13 years with their pinnacle coming in 1991 with the overall victory with the Mazda 787B.

Not sure when Toyota entered. But Team SARD began with 1992 and entered until 1994 with a best of second in 1992 and 1994. Toyota Team Europe entered the GT-One in 1998 and I think that lasted for three years total.

Not sure about Nissan. But I don't think Honda has EVER entered. Or have they?

i thought the honda accord was in le mans, or was that btcc?....

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jan 5 2004, 10:57 AM
b, i dont know about that, go download the topgear vid. It does great in the corners, and in the straights, it just wastes any other car.

The lotus is great because so many engines can be droped in there. k20a, in a 1400 lb car, that can get about 1.4g with r compounds. mmmmmm.

could i get a link or something to the topgear video?

i have no where to host it. I just searched top gear mclearn F1 on google and found it. you can probally find it on Kazaa.

back to the original topic, i'd think the price would be well over 690 grand, because that's what a 98 porsche gt goes for...

i have a vid of a mcleran f1 taking a twin turbo supra it mad the supra make it look like it was standing still i think the all time road vehical was the 333s ferrari all carbon fibre racing car sold to the public that was street legal to and extant a million dollars got the car and 2 racing engines. As fot teh jgtc dont they have specs that are giving to them on what they can max ot on then the more races they win the more weight is added to there car. About that other car i have know idea

I have one where it is keeping out with a f40. I also have a vid of a civic passing a f40 on a road course.

Originally posted by BrahmaBullSQ@Jan 5 2004, 05:11 PM
No. Drag isn't everything. But it gives a pretty good idea of power combined with traction.

Who gives a hoot about Mazda. Does anyone know how many times they have entered into LeMans in order to win. The GT-ONE was entered I think for two or three years and almost took it all. Not taking anything away from the 787B... I'd wouldn't mind owning one. :D

As far as the JGTC goes... I'm curious to see how small the air restrictors on the Big-Mac are in order to bring it down to 500 hp.

the 787b fucking owns. its my favorite gt1-style car in gran turismo

i think it'll be over the million mark.. for the price of the GT1 that is. Since the R390 sold for a cool million brand new and it's in the same class. also, given the fact they only made i think 50-100 for the stupid homologian thing in order for them to race it.. it should be a collectors car..
anyhoot, it is a big shit that Mazda won because no japanese company has done it. 2nd means 1st place loser.. mad probs to both companyies even though i dont like mazda all that much...
now only if japanese company can do what Audi did with their R8s.

I can't see Honda entering into Le Mans... ever. They are more worried about Formula One engine building. So once Mazda and Nissan can hang with the big boys... phooey to them. :p Did I mention in 1988 that the McLaren-Honda took 15 of 16 races. Therefore... Honda claims a portion of the most DOMINANT F1 season ever....

Unless Ferrari took 17 of 18 two years ago. I forget.

Back