Toyota Intercoolers

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K2e2vin

Does anyone know if a toyota all-trac or old TT supra air/water intercooler will work with a d15 boosted to like 6-8psi? the turbo is a T25.

You can modify any intercooler to work as long as you have somewhere to put it. I don't know much about toyotas in general, is it an FMIC?

Its not whether it will work or not, it's how efficiently it will work.
FMIC>SMIC

I don't know about ebay FMIC's, I think they are under $250 for a decent one. I'm sure other people will comment on this.

all tracs are top mount IC's...
they won't work very well for a front mount app just becauseof the way they are made.
supras, are rare to find... and are probably a waste of money.

a t25... just get a dsm sidemount or something.

its a air/water intercooler. doesnt do any good being front mounted because it uses a heat exchanger. i dont know what chassis the supra one is but the all trac st165 and st205 have air/water intercoolers. are the side mounts better?

ji's all trac is air/air. i dont think the other years are any different.

air/water is pretty pointless IMO unless you are on the dyno or waiting in line at a drag strip.

dsm side mounts are liek 50 bucks and can easily be made to run in front mount style.

for a t25, there's really no reason to need anything more.

alright thanks, i guess ill go for the air/air.

these were the intercoolers i was talking about:
db_1.JPG
thats from an st165 all-trac

50_3.JPG
this one is from the old supra

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 5 2004, 12:11 AM
ji's all trac is air/air. i dont think the other years are any different.

dsm side mounts are liek 50 bucks and can easily be made to run in front mount style.

for a t25, there's really no reason to need anything more.
[post=386253]Quoted post[/post]​

how can you make a dsm side mount front mount? I am getting a side mount soon and would like to know this. Will it look wierd being centered up and not filling the whole bumper opening?

uhh.. just mount it up front..

thats the only difference. just gotta do some wired pipe routing

old probe/mx06 intercoolers work real well. they are prety simple to mount up front and the piping route isnt that fucked...

Originally posted by K2e2vin@Sep 4 2004, 03:48 PM
Does anyone know if a toyota all-trac or old TT supra air/water intercooler will work with a d15 boosted to like 6-8psi? the turbo is a T25.
[post=386134]Quoted post[/post]​

Why not use an Evo 8 intercooler? those look better.

Back