toyota more amercian then ford?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yeah, and the profits go to a certain country that holds the corporate office. Many offices have even moved to the British Virgin Islands to be able to get away with certain regulations and cheats.

The difference is that in the long run, Ford money goes to American concerns (Delphi, motorola, Luscher textiles, American steel) whereas Japanese funds go to Japanese causes (baby eating, SONY and fanciful ways to consume frogs)

-> Steve

Quoted post[/post]]
Yeah, and the profits go to a certain country that holds the corporate office. Many offices have even moved to the British Virgin Islands to be able to get away with certain regulations and cheats.

The difference is that in the long run, Ford money goes to American concerns (Delphi, motorola, Luscher textiles, American steel) whereas Japanese funds go to Japanese causes (baby eating, SONY and fanciful ways to consume frogs)

-> Steve

maybe company profits, but by buying a toyota your purchasing more american products then by buying a ford.
so the profits of the smaller american companies that make up the vehicles are all going to american concerns.

toyota is supporting the american economy more then ford is.

Don't forget the worker base too. Toyota has a good deal of workers right here in the US - workers left behind by the Big 3 moving elsewhere.

Quoted post[/post]]

-> Steve

Got some factual links to back that claim up with..... :wink:

AFAIK, Japanese doesn't eat babies....Sony would only have a sterio in the car, thats what Toyota sold for the car, they would already have a Sony sterio installed, but they don't push Sony sterio's in all the Toyota cars. And saying that Japanese funds also contribute to the frog consumptions is also like saying that Fords profits goes to Rocky Mountain oysters consumptions. :laugh: And it's Japanese Babe eating, not baby eating....one you spead the legs to eat, the other is just...well...messy. :ph34r:

come over sometime...I'll cook you up some rocky mountain oysters and see if you'll eat them...and if I can find the right kind of frogs, we'll grill them up as well, but the sashimi way looks better... :cool:

http://whatscookingamerica.net/History/RockyMtnOyster.htm

then again...it would be better than your favorite slammer....

http://hotzone.yahoo.com/b/hotzone/blogs4141

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

-> Steve

maybe company profits, but by buying a toyota your purchasing more american products then by buying a ford.
so the profits of the smaller american companies that make up the vehicles are all going to american concerns.

toyota is supporting the american economy more then ford is.

Quoted post[/post]]
Don't forget the worker base too. Toyota has a good deal of workers right here in the US - workers left behind by the Big 3 moving elsewhere.

It's amazing how much shit I took when I tell Mustang owners these very things. Kinda funny really, they tell me I'm anti-american while my car's final assembly point was Marysville OH, and theirs was Windsor, Canada.

No wonder chevys are junk
"General Motors Corp. is importing Korean-made cars to sell under the Chevy nameplate"
they dont even make their own cars anymore.
what trash
:ph34r: HONDA and FORD. :ph34r:

Quoted post[/post]]
No wonder chevys are junk
"General Motors Corp. is importing Korean-made cars to sell under the Chevy nameplate"
they dont even make their own cars anymore.
what trash
:ph34r: HONDA and FORD. :ph34r:

NOT making their own cars is why their quality ratings are improving slightly!

I work at one of the Delphi plants in New York and even though we still support gm for the most part I still say, I don't care who the manufacture is as long as its made in America. If Honda, Toyota, Nissan, whoever wants to build factorys and give us work, I'll give them all the support in the world. Its still putting food on an Americans table and not some guy in China. I still say most of gm and Fords problems are from the labor unions that most of the foreign manufactures don't have to deal with, but thats a story for another day.

Back