Toyota Takes Stake In Subaru

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

endlesszeal

This is only good news for us. It seems GM is giving up some up on Subaru and Toyota is grabbing it up. In my opinion that was a bad move on GMs part. It seems like Subaru is increasing getting more popular and I read somewhere its been having good quality track records.

Oh well, hopefully Toyota will put out something sportier than what they have been doing, maybe an AWD Turbo Celica akin to yester-years.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/051005/japan_toyota.html?.v=12

GM had to sell stock on Fujitsu to keep afloat....

that doesnt make any sense.
since they started the employee discount to everyone program they have had record sales month after month, hence why they keep extending it.

was watching mad money and he was saying how it was a good idea to invest in xm/sirius because most new gm's/chryslers/chevy/etc come with it as a free option. all these record sales means tons of new satellite radio customers.

recrd sales-- sure. but they still aren't making a profit...

investing in satalite radio? you're 3 years too late...

You missed the related news story.

Before Toyota could actually buy the stock, an unnamed party snatched it up. This was a few days ago, so it's possible that the name of the buyer/party was released since then.

good luck trying to buy sirius stock and making a decent profit, its gone up since the announcement of Stern going to it, and its going to peak very soon (advice from my friend at Wachovia). if you wanna buy, buy now

exactly, so if anyone is looking to make money, dont look here. unles you want to make a little bit of cash in a safe investment...

well this came from a couple months ago, but regardless.

record setting car sales + they all come with satellite radio = more satellite radio subscribers

im sure stocks will rise at least through the new year. investing this late just means youll have to have a much larger starting investment but the chance to make money is still there.

Quoted post[/post]]
gm should just decalre bankpuptcy and call it a day

The near 100k people employed by GM directly, and the 10's of thousands more indirectly supported by them, will have something to say about that.

Mildly put, GM going under will have the same, if not more, of an economic impact on the Northern producing states than Katrina had on all of southern states.

Bad idea.

If Toyota is going to be part of Subaru, don't expect Toyota to replicate Subaru systems. It will be the end of the boxer, the end of the 4WD guarantee (Think Jeep / Eagle) and Toyota will take that opportunity to push it's TEN initiative on another 15% of the world.

I think that the GM purchase of Fujitsu came up at a nice time. Fugi Heavy is back on track now, and shouldn' trequire another automotive investor. What if the person that bought it is Virgin ? Holy hell, talk about an automotive revolution.

i was doin a google search but couldnt find it. anyone see who bought the subby shares?

I have no sympathy for GM or for Ford. Especially not for Ford. If they hadn't built inferior piece of shit gas guzzling cars for so many decades, they wouldn't have lost the sales battle to Honda and Toyota. How do you spell Taurus? R-E-C-A-L-L. Which would you rather buy, if you knew you had a choice between a piece of shit and a long-lasting, reliable automobile? Fuck Ford and fuck GM. I hope all the poor stiffs who work for them can find employment when they get laid off, because good jobs are really hard to find nowadays. I don't have much sympathy for them either though, not when they were striking back in the late 90's because $60 an hour to bolt on fenders wasn't enough money. Greedy fucks. It's like the garbage men here in northern illinois last year striking because $25 an hour to pick up trash bags and throw them into the back of a truck wasn't enough money. Talk about being overpaid to do an easy job. $50k a year? Gimme a break.

/rant

Back