Toys for me... PICS! 56k crawl away and die

?

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

phunky.buddha

Mad scientist
VIP
First some shots of the dead piston, revealed in all its gross nasty glory... look how the top ring blew through the bottom ring land. Don't race in anger folks! Downshifting too high will do BAD things to your engine.

dead_piston_med_01.jpg

dead_piston_med_02.jpg

dead_piston_med_03.jpg

dead_piston_med_04.jpg

dead_piston_med_05.jpg

Here are the rods out of the B20, if anyone wants to pick them up from me... excellent condition, no damage, and they have ARP bolts in them:

eagle_rods_med_01.jpg

eagle_rods_med_02.jpg

eagle_rods_med_03.jpg

eagle_rods_med_04.jpg

THIS is the fun stuff. Tein FLEX with pillow ball mounts and custom spring rates coming out of the box:

tein_flex_med_01.jpg

tein_flex_med_02.jpg

More goodies... full brake upgrade:

civic_brakes_med_01.jpg

civic_brakes_med_02.jpg

civic_brakes_med_03.jpg

civic_brakes_med_04.jpg

civic_brakes_med_05.jpg

civic_brakes_med_06.jpg

And THIS is what it all looks like installed on the car:

brakes_teins_inst_med_01.jpg

brakes_teins_inst_med_02.jpg

brakes_teins_inst_med_03.jpg

brakes_teins_inst_med_04.jpg

brakes_teins_inst_med_05.jpg

OHHHHH you suck. I want that brake kit so badly I can f'ing TASTE it. :(

And that piston looks REALLY familiar ;)

Melted1.jpg

Very nice. Those Dynalite calipers are soo purty. Did they cost significantly more than the super lites?

Originally posted by MarkJimenez99+?-->
MarkJimenez99 @ ?) said:
Where did you get your Wilwood brakes and how much did you pay? I'm planning on getting those for my car.

Fastbrakes. Go hit my page, then hit Fastbrakes' site.

lsvtec
@?
Very nice. Those Dynalite calipers are soo purty. Did they cost significantly more than the super lites?

I don't know. I didn't check to see if he was still selling the Superlites.

Thanks for the positive comments everyone! Hopefully I'll have pics of the engine going together later today (happening right now) and more stuff from the CRX to toss into the update.

i miss my dynalites :(

are b20 rods the same as the b18b rods?

WTF has taken you so long on the new engine. You showed pics of everything almost built a while ago. I bet your car just loves sitting there with no powerplant under the hood.

suspension looks good, braking looks great, and damn that is some dome on those pistons.

Milan

Originally posted by asmallsol+?-->
asmallsol @ ?) said:
are b20 rods the same as the b18b rods?

WTF has taken you so long on the new engine. You showed pics of everything almost built a while ago. I bet your car just loves sitting there with no powerplant under the hood.

B20 rods = B18B rods

So if you want them, I'll sell them to you. :)

The engine was waiting on main bearings on back order from Japan... there was a national back order on them, but now it looks like they still won't fit. We'll see. All the parts are here, so as soon as it all goes together I'll have the car back.

JDMilan
@?
suspension looks good, braking looks great, and damn that is some dome on those pistons.

Older pistons had a larger dome. :lol:

Back