TPP bought new suspension

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

congrats man, i've been thinking of getting those for the evo, they're only $110 for the evo!! i hate the wheel gap the car has.

I've heard those springs are soft and ride like being on pillows. I've heard of one person that put them on his car a few months ago and his car settled down unevenly on them. Nice green color though.

Originally posted by Calesta@Nov 14 2004, 06:44 PM
They'll still be stiffer than stock no matter what. Just look at the spring rates on Tein's spec sheets.
[post=416843]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

I've heard those springs are soft and ride like being on pillows. I've heard of one person that put them on his car a few months ago and his car settled down unevenly on them. Nice green color though.

They do ride like being on pillows.

Also, they're guaranteed by Tein not to settle more than like .01mm or something...if your friend's settled all uneven and such, he could get his $$$ back or get a new set from Tein.

Oh yeah, progressive rate springs will ride smoother than stock- that's the experience I had with my Pro-Kits. They do get stiffer under heavier compression though. They're not necessarily softer than stock all the time- just for the first half inch or so of travel.

Originally posted by civicious@Nov 15 2004, 11:06 AM

They do ride like being on pillows.

Also, they're guaranteed by Tein not to settle more than like .01mm or something...if your friend's settled all uneven and such, he could get his $$$ back or get a new set from Tein.
[post=417018]Quoted post[/post]​

.01mm? I'm sitting at my computer and looking at my ruler and loling. But yeah thanks, I will tell George what you said.

Another observation is two integras, one with 350lb Eibach springs next to a teg with 400lb Tein springs. The one with 350lb spring rates was very stiff while the other car could be rocked up and down easily 6" each way up and down. I prefer companies like Eibach and Koni that have been specializing in their product line for a hundred years. Companies can post all the data they want to on their sites, but to be honest, with the exception of Koni, I am distrustful of most of the rest of those other charts and specs.

i looked it up...it's 5mm:

TEIN S.TECH Spring is an excellent step towards suspension tuning.
They offer approximately a 1.5 inch drop for a more aggressive appearance. Comes with a 1 year limited warranty.
Spring length is guaranteed not to sag more than 5mm and to be clear of any manufacture defects (see limited warranty for more details).

http://www.tein.com/stech.html

:D

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@Nov 15 2004, 02:33 PM
Another observation is two integras, one with 350lb Eibach springs next to a teg with 400lb Tein springs. The one with 350lb spring rates was very stiff while the other car could be rocked up and down easily 6" each way up and down.
[post=417151]Quoted post[/post]​

The one with the Tein springs probably had dead shocks.

Originally posted by Calesta+Nov 13 2004, 11:40 PM-->
Loco Honkey
@Nov 13 2004, 09:28 PM
Uh oh... your car will ride like shit now, according to B.
[post=416526]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes, because anything with a brand name on it that B has ever taken off his car is automatically crap. :p
[post=416581]Quoted post[/post]​

own 'em.
hate 'em.

do what ever the hell you all want with your cash, but haven owned and driven better, for the same price, i'll never go back.

i didn't know koni and eibach were around for 100 years?? they were making leaf springs on horse carriages?

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Nov 15 2004, 07:17 PM
well damn this got kinda heated in here...LOL. it was either the S. Techs or cheap ass coilovers...
[post=417281]Quoted post[/post]​

they just dont realise us guys from VA are po' mofo's
and with the way the roads are around here softer is better
im rolling s-techs w/ tokico blues on my EF

Back