1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TPS adjustment, jumps around?

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by cheese9988, Jun 3, 2004.

1. cheese9988

cheese9988 Senior Member VIP

I finally found the thread that tells me how to adjust it, so I tried adjusting it today. Its a working tps sensor I got off another motor. The problem is that if I rotate it it stays <100mV and then at one point it jumps up to 4.5V. But if I move the throttle, It will gradually go up and down like normal. What would cause this?

2. cheese9988

Well after playing with the sensor for awhile I finally figured out that the thing had to be placed in there just right for it to work proporly. I had to kinda take it out, place it in there to the side so that the holes did not line up, and then rotate it till they lined up, and then adjusted it from there. After that the check engine light shut off, and the engine runs much more smoothly, and for some reason its not as loud, but I am not sure why this would affect that. The engine idles much better as well.

3. radnulb

radnulb Senior Member

tps = key for happy motor.

4. cheese9988

it's a night and day difference

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted