tps/idle

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hey, were the ones that CAN find it.
try passing it to luispuegeno.

haha, my good ol sm0kin days are done. i'm a former contractor at nasa & intend on going back soon :)

i'm just IT, but I wouldn't trade my job for any other... not until i graduate frm school, at least...

so if i blow smoke into the intake, whats that supposed to do? i dont think i have any major vaccum leaks, would it still detect small vac leaks?

alright, ima get my boys to smoke their shet into my intake, if it were to fix my vaccum leak, ima smoke a fat bowl for ya'll... if not, ima blow up my kar

i cant stand the fucker anymore.. its been TOO MUCH!! but ima give it what its worth. i seriously think its the bleeder valve on the upper hose, but i dont have that bleeder valve on mine.

so ima order it from the dealer tmrw. which leads to my question...

so if i dont have a bleeder valve on my coolant, will that make a seal? so if i did add my bleeder valve, would that leak out my excess pressure?

it comes to being that EMs dont have bleeder screws, it has a bolt on the side of the head... yeah i'm not sure. i havent been at home all day so i havent verified, but i'll post a picture when i find it.. LOL

I made this picture long ago. I would think yours would have one too

3202d1179941542-coolantbleeder.jpg

Last edited:
mine faces the radiator.

i dont see why you wouldnt be able to put one on there.
it might just be easier to just go to the junkyard and bring the thermostat housing and find one from another car that fits, since im assuming you arent gonna be able to order the exact one for your car.

you can also start the motor while it's cool and have the radiator cap loose and run it up to temp, then shut the motor off and tighten the cap, top off the overflow, and should be good. The honda manual says you can do that at least.

yeah, you can do that.
its tons easier if you have a bleeder valve, and more effective.
because when you add the coolant back into the system, you could be adding the air back in too. lol

Yuppp I agree. Plus there's bubbles inside the engine cavities that a little pressure in the system compared to none with the cap off could use to force the bubbles out [of those hard to get cavities].

Blowing smoke at it is meh. Never actually had success, but the smoke I'm blowin at it makes the job more fun hahaa. The concept is sound, so I'd guess that method should work.

i like the way you think. haha
its the only way to work on cars. sometimes you may forget to tighten this or reattach that but isnt that when things get interesting?

in all seriousness it does help my concentration while im working. and it makes me less pissed off when bolts break or refuse to come off.

Lol.

It's would seem so weird, but I agree with the improved concentration. It's so weird but after I smoke and get into something, I have no desire to do anything else till it's complete. Not even stopping to eat! haha

So far I've had a good track record of reattaching things correctly stoned. But knock on wood...lol.

Back