TPS is reading backwards 4.5v at CT and .5 at WOT

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sinner

I dont know whats up, i did put new plugs on the car and installed an obd2 to obd1 coneversion harness. I'm getting 4.5 at closed throttle and .5 volts at wide open throttle. So when I go WOT my car slams to a me into the steering wheel... not very fun.

I found out that this problem has happend a few times to a couple of people on HT, but nobody posted a solution.

I checked the yellow/white = 5v and green/white = grnd. Ive found where the wires labled, but not what the connection of the wire should be +v/grd/input/etc...

Thanks for your help
Nick

Quoted post[/post]]
I dont know whats up, i did put new plugs on the car and installed an obd2 to obd1 coneversion harness. I'm getting 4.5 at closed throttle and .5 volts at wide open throttle. So when I go WOT my car slams to a me into the steering wheel... not very fun.

I found out that this problem has happend a few times to a couple of people on HT, but nobody posted a solution.

I checked the yellow/white = 5v and green/white = grnd. Ive found where the wires labled, but not what the connection of the wire should be +v/grd/input/etc...

Thanks for your help
Nick

Dont know whats wrong with yours but i had the exact same problem. I was like WTF? Until i removed my TPS again and saw that when i originally installed it i bent that metal clip that moves when you move the butterfly. Therefore i would stay open when it should close, and close when it should open. I straightened that out, and made sure I installed the TPS in the groove and now its dandy.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Thanks for your help
Nick

Dont know whats wrong with yours but i had the exact same problem. I was like WTF? Until i removed my TPS again and saw that when i originally installed it i bent that metal clip that moves when you move the butterfly. Therefore i would stay open when it should close, and close when it should open. I straightened that out, and made sure I installed the TPS in the groove and now its dandy.

i just swapped the +5 and grnd.. seem to work. I think the problem is in the skunk harness.

Nick

sorry to thread jack but i thought i had the same problem. For me it only happens after i shut the car off and turn it back on after a few minutes. It will go and then all of a sudden it falls flat on its face. It jerks my car REALLY bad! I am also like WTF? I'm going to look at where you guys fixed your problems. Does my symptoms seem like the same problem you guys had? I'm getting sick of this and it all happend the night my car had the obd1 coversion

Back