tps on d15 /what else can break/rywire is the man

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

regal1975

Ive been working on getting anew motor into my 89 rex for months now.. first i got gipped on a motor "i just pulled out of my crx" ... only to find that it was missing about 50 parts and couldnt fit in any rex the way it was set up... write off, then i got a jdm d15b vtec motor.. got it in , then the clutch was screwed, in and out in and out... etc etc...

now it is pretty much running.. well except for the radiator exploding on the test run and the alternator dying... all this in my driveway/garage...

new radiator on the way, alt is being repaired... but i still get a code for a TPS sensor... where can i find a replacement?? im not too fond of used ebay parts with no warranty and outside of that the only places ive seen sell the throttle body as a whole and want 300+ .. not to mention i dont even know what car to tell them the part is from...

can anyone help ease my misery..

Oh and I was having some major wiring issues wit hthe distributor which someone had replaced the obd0 plug with an obd1 plug. I called up Rywire and they were remarkably helpful. They could have easily dragged me along and had me spend hundreds of dollars there, but instead they helped me solve a fairly simple problem that i never would have figured out on my own. I can promise you that next time i do a swap i will be more than happy to send my business their way rather than doing it myself. Fantastic service to RYWIRE!

thanks!

Quoted post[/post]]
Make sure that the Map and the TPS plugs arent switched too

i think the map is working fine because if i disconnect it the engine dies...that and i have the stock map on the firewall as well as a new map which came on the throttle body of the new engine...

i just want to be sure my tps isnt working before i buy a used part which may or may not be any better than the one i already have.. i actually have 2 of them, one has a crack in the case from removing it.. .i have one from a dohc zc motor and im currently using the stock d15 dx model crx tps...

Back