1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TPS screw came undone tips needed on Multimeter usage

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by CAFROG, Feb 4, 2010.

1. CAFROG

CAFROG Honda Minion VIP

Its been raining cats and dogs since I got off work. The code 7 (TPS) came off and I got home. Went inside thinking I needed to worry about it tomorrow when I can put it in the garage. But I was still frustrated so I went out for a smoke and I popped the hood. TPS was loose as a whore. I bought my TB used and could tell the TPS was replaced (phillip's screw heads). Well the top screw came undone. I half ass'd tried to set it where I thought it was and tightened it. Turned motor on and CEL is gone. But I still need to check the volts tomorrow.

.45-.5v closed
    4.5-5.0v WOT

Right?? But my irritating problem is connecting the multimeter leads into the wire. I am thinking about putting some of those t-off plastic wire clips that allow you to tap into a wire....I effing stabbed my finger multiple times last time I was trying to pierce the wire with the leads. Or I think I could taketwo sewing needles and poke the wire then touch leads to them.

Any ideas???? Better Techniques then my previous stabbings???

Last edited: Feb 4, 2010
  2. CAFROG

CAFROG Honda Minion VIP

Nothing? Zip? Zero? Nada?....well maybe I'll tap in at the shock tower.
    The back of the TB at the firewall in an EGg is kinda tight. I couldn't imagine if I had a GSR manifold on there.....you'd be blind and still have no room.

3. CAFROG

CAFROG Honda Minion VIP

Morning Bump!! Its dry out and plan on tackling it before noon.

4. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

honestly, just try swapping it out w/ the one from the JDM TB.. i've always just swapped them out without checking the voltage.. never had a problem

5. CAFROG

CAFROG Honda Minion VIP

I think its all good with the one in there now. The stupid screw can undone and I never checked it when I put it in b/c I figured I would need to set it after initial start up.
    I may be good to go. I ran it hard last night and it seems to idle fine.

So you never set the volts? I guess if it idles right....no biggy?

One a crappy note, my right axle clicked a few times when I put a load on it.....so that'll be needing a change soon but I'm hoping to last until summer so I can change the clutch and throw out bearing too.

6. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

yea.. i've never checked the voltage.. but i always took one off a stock throttle body and they should be set from the factory..

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted