TPS screw came undone tips needed on Multimeter usage

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CAFROG

Honda Minion
VIP
Its been raining cats and dogs since I got off work. The code 7 (TPS) came off and I got home. Went inside thinking I needed to worry about it tomorrow when I can put it in the garage. But I was still frustrated so I went out for a smoke and I popped the hood. TPS was loose as a whore. I bought my TB used and could tell the TPS was replaced (phillip's screw heads). Well the top screw came undone. I half ass'd tried to set it where I thought it was and tightened it. Turned motor on and CEL is gone. But I still need to check the volts tomorrow.

.45-.5v closed
4.5-5.0v WOT

Right?? But my irritating problem is connecting the multimeter leads into the wire. I am thinking about putting some of those t-off plastic wire clips that allow you to tap into a wire....I effing stabbed my finger multiple times last time I was trying to pierce the wire with the leads. Or I think I could taketwo sewing needles and poke the wire then touch leads to them.

Any ideas???? Better Techniques then my previous stabbings???

Last edited:
Nothing? Zip? Zero? Nada?....well maybe I'll tap in at the shock tower.
The back of the TB at the firewall in an EGg is kinda tight. I couldn't imagine if I had a GSR manifold on there.....you'd be blind and still have no room.

honestly, just try swapping it out w/ the one from the JDM TB.. i've always just swapped them out without checking the voltage.. never had a problem

I think its all good with the one in there now. The stupid screw can undone and I never checked it when I put it in b/c I figured I would need to set it after initial start up.
I may be good to go. I ran it hard last night and it seems to idle fine.

So you never set the volts? I guess if it idles right....no biggy?

One a crappy note, my right axle clicked a few times when I put a load on it.....so that'll be needing a change soon but I'm hoping to last until summer so I can change the clutch and throw out bearing too.

yea.. i've never checked the voltage.. but i always took one off a stock throttle body and they should be set from the factory..

Back