TPS Sensor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civic-style

Put a JDM b16 sir-II in a 95 civic and it is throwing a thrott;e position sensor (7). So when i go to jump on the throttle the engine will bog out and sputter. so if anyone could help me out with testing the sensor or if there is another way to fix it. Thanks

Originally posted by civic-style@Apr 2 2004, 09:10 AM
Put a JDM b16 sir-II in a 95 civic and it is throwing a thrott;e position sensor (7). So when i go to jump on the throttle the engine will bog out and sputter. so if anyone could help me out with testing the sensor or if there is another way to fix it. Thanks

WEll, Steve from HOMOmotorsonline.com sent me a bad TPS with my motor - so i am using the TPS from my EX and its fine.

You just have to get it outta the Throttle body w/out breaking it. . . . .

Make sure you TPs and MAP sensor plugs aren't switched before you go spending money.

Originally posted by Cashizslick@Apr 2 2004, 04:10 PM

WEll, Steve from HOMOmotorsonline.com sent me a bad TPS with my motor -

This is coming from the rocket scientist that swore up and down a USDM harness wouldn't plug into a JDM motor.

can anyone help me how to adjust the tps sensor. i installed adjustable cam gears and after that, my idling has been swaying ever since. i think its the tps. does anyone know the procedure on how to correctly adjust the sensor
thanks

Originally posted by xhz973@Apr 29 2004, 05:45 AM
can anyone help me how to adjust the tps sensor. i installed adjustable cam gears and after that, my idling has been swaying ever since. i think its the tps. does anyone know the procedure on how to correctly adjust the sensor
thanks

Better answers = start your own thread.

thanks sleepercivic, but can you outline the step by step procedure on how i can test the voltages.
thanks

Back