1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TPS sensor

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by efhondakid, Nov 29, 2007.

1. efhondakid

efhondakid My name is Byron. VIP

want to know which way the wires on my tps sensor go. after dpfi mpfi swap. from the fron of the car lookin down on the sensor i got green on top red in the middle and yellow on the bottom, is this right?

2. lillouie18

lillouie18 New Member

SWITCHING THE WIRES AT THE TPS:
    This pretty much explains itself, just switch the two outside wires(green/white and yellow/white) around at the TPS and then you're done this step. I used the TPS connector off the Si harness, just so that I could just match up all the wires, since the wires are already reversed on it

3. efhondakid

i know how to switch them, i bought the car from a friend who had the conversion half way done and i just wanted to know if it was right or not how it is now. the car runs but idles a little high.

4. lillouie18

lillouie18 New Member

if it runs now een with a sort of high idle the wires are fine u just hae to ake a slight adjustent on the throttle cable after the car is completely warm. just back off on the cable a little bit at a time. tjat should take care of the idle. if the wires were wrong then the engine would think it was full throttle at idle and indle at full throttle when u hit the pedle. hope this helps u out.

5. edek

edek New Member

ok can anyone tell me why i keep thowin a check engine light wen i shift in to second at 8ths rpm the code is a tps but i change it ! also i check the output its at .5 closed throtle wot dosent pass 2.8 the car drive fine but wen i line up wit another car and run wit them off the line im good but at 8ths rpm check engine light comes on then i lose a lot of power i need help i got gsr obd2

6. efhondakid

Start your own thread.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted