track day in car clips + pics

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B16

Super Moderator
VIP
Went to thunderhill this last weekend for a track event. Found out about it through the norcalevo boards but brought the del slo :) . The evo came just to carry all the stuff i couldn't fit in the sol, the g/f drove the evo up there, she was having fun with the car on the freeway, lol. This was the first time tracking the sol since i rebuilt the tranny with a 4.78 LSD and the ATS 16 disk LSD. But the car drove great, was very happy with it, now that i'm used to it again i can't wait to take her out again. However, i did somehow lose my 1st gear on saturday, it just doesn't work anymore, like its completely dissapeared. Oh, and 2nd gear grinds all the freaking time, lol. Anyways, this is a short compliation i quickly threw together of some people i know, and me just running a lap.

ftp://ftp.westcoastbeauty.com/pub/mike/compilation.wmv

Here are a few pics from the day too.

Fresh little lotus, these are HOT! :)
gallery_106_296_44096.jpg

No nonsense interior
gallery_106_296_8887.jpg

Me dumping some smoke from a tiny oil leak on turn 3 :)
gallery_106_296_14811.jpg

Evos
gallery_106_296_3514.jpg

gallery_106_296_41158.jpg

mine is the white on the left :) and of course my sol
gallery_106_296_26800.jpg

gallery_106_296_20371.jpg

gallery_106_296_7879.jpg

gallery_106_296_54489.jpg

gallery_106_296_67465.jpg

And this evo was a race car built by San Rafael Mitsubishi, where i bought my evo. Before and after pics, he rolled it coming out of turn 8 :( . Thank god he was ok, cage saved him. There was also another white evo that died that day too, right before this one :( . Sad day for white evos, glad mine wasn't on the track.
gallery_106_296_37709.jpg

gallery_106_296_35634.jpg

gallery_106_296_37491.jpg

gallery_106_296_4876.jpg

gallery_106_296_15273.jpg

gallery_106_296_10865.jpg

gallery_106_296_6594.jpg

gallery_106_296_58489.jpg

gallery_106_296_32975.jpg

Man, that sucks about that evo that got wreaked. I be pretty pissed if I wreaked my new track car...

Also, congrats on getting to the track, I've always wanted to track my car...

Cool video. You were passing some sweet cars like that elise, that sol must have some balls. What was that cavilier thinking? It looked stock too.

Nice video! That Cavalier did look a little shaky... too much corner for its stock tires and suspension huh? I need to get the Civic back out on the track. :(

what was the guy who rolled setup?

comp tires/stock-ish suspension?

or did he just get a little sideways and catch a lip on a burm or something?

the cavalier was an evo owners rental car. his car was getting worked on that weekend and he already had paid for the track day, why not track the rental car? haha.

the sol has a type R swap in it.

that evo was quite setup running DMS 50mm coilovers on R compounds. just pushing it too hard i suppose? i'm not sure what his track experience is, i didn't really get to see his driving.

when are we going to laguna seca? you still owe me the video from when i went with you to sears point, fool. now that you live around the corner, you should come over more often. :)

What kind of camera setup do you have in the car? It looked really good.

Whats your suspension consist of? Im very impressed with how the car was acting goin around the curves.

Looks good keeps it up :thumbsup:

Originally posted by BodyDroppedNikes+Mar 3 2005, 07:03 PM-->
your Del Sol looks like a midget compared to the EVOs in this pic:
[post=469015]Quoted post[/post]​
haha, ya it does, that car is mad tiny after driving the evo around for a few months

Originally posted by MikeBergy@Mar 3 2005, 07:27 PM
What kind of camera setup do you have in the car? It looked really good.
[post=469021]Quoted post[/post]​

the camera is my g/f's old sony digital 8 camera, its nothing special. the mount is a windshield suction cup mount exactly like this
http://www.ioportracing.com/Merchant2/merc...ategory_Code=CM
works great for what it is. i would like to get one set up further back so i can see my hands also. that will happen when it gets a roll cage.

UDT
@Mar 3 2005, 09:07 PM
Whats your suspension consist of? Im very impressed with how the car was acting goin around the curves.

Looks good keeps it up :thumbsup:
[post=469058]Quoted post[/post]​

Thanks, the suspension is used Tein HA's from an ITR (got them for dirt cheap) and an ITR rear sway bar, stock front bar and stock front strut bar. Tires are kuhmo mx 205/50/15 on some cheapo old ass rota 15x6.5's hehe. The car is built with almost all used aftermarket parts. The thing is freaking horrible to drive on the street with that aggresive LSD and no more power steering. Not to mention how stiff it is on the highway. But damn that thing is a blast on the track to drive, especially since i put in the LSD and FD. Thing has great traction and feels great now. I do need a new oil pan or baffle the one i have. I would lose oil pressure sometimes on turn 2 and coming out of the esses and drop out of vtec for just a second. Also, the thing has a stupid oil leak from the pan gasket, which i've replaced 3 times. I think the pan is jacked.

Just the same its got a great track manner from the looks of it. Looks like great fun to drive.

Originally posted by B16@Mar 3 2005, 11:34 PM
I do need a new oil pan or baffle the one i have. I would lose oil pressure sometimes on turn 2 and coming out of the esses and drop out of vtec for just a second. Also, the thing has a stupid oil leak from the pan gasket, which i've replaced 3 times. I think the pan is jacked.
[post=469068]Quoted post[/post]​

Wow, if you're having problems with oil starvation in the curves, I'm definitely going to have to change out my oil pan to a baffled one.

Back