track day

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

97CTR

I went to the track tonight for the first time, I only got to run once becuase of so many cars there. I know that I could do much better I didn't push it too the limits. I have a 97ex with a b16b, i/h/e, flywheel, clutch. Next time with good tires instead of shitty stock ones I will do much better. Plus I need to do alot of tuning. Here are my times

R/T ....... 1.053
60 .......2.387
1/8.....9.835
1/4.......15.132
mph..92.55

An Ek coupe with a CTR motor should definately run better than 15.1.
Get new tires!
Tune!
Keep going. You should go faster.

wow a 1 second reaction!! i was told to go about half way through the last yellow. that was a very good time, i mean shit....for not much done to the motor. good job!

yeah, def mid-high 14s' in that car. mid-low 14s on slicks for sure.

yeah I know that I can do much better, it was my first run ever. Its good to see where I stand though..... And r/t doesn't change your 1/4 time. Their setup is a little different so in terms everyone will understand I ran a .601 light

Originally posted by SleEPeR_CRX@Sep 25 2003, 12:02 AM
get your 60' to 2.2's and ur R/T down to .6 at least and ull be 14.7 easy, 92 is 14.7 territory.

Drag racing for me is...well...a drag. But I thought that .500 was a perfect R/T and that it only mattered when you were trying to beat the other guy to the line, not in bracket racing where a 3.000 light would beat a perfect .600 (?) if your 1/4 time was lower.

But I am not ruling out my ignorance of the sport.

there are to types of trees-
pro tree and sportsman???

hardly any of us are racing on a pro tree. the pro tree counts r/t
the sportsman does not- it starts when your car passes the first gate about 3 or 4 feet from the start line. It also has more lights that fall down... gives you a little better chance to react to it.

Back