Track'ster

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Love the 1.
Disagree about the civic or accord though. even smaller they would be ugly. :/

I love the 1 too.

Good point Jeff.

Love the 1.
Disagree about the civic or accord though. even smaller they would be ugly. :/

I agree they wouldnt be anything special or great looking but at least it wouldn't look like a retarded car.

For some reason they make small cars retarded looking. I don't get it.

minimize external size while maximizing internal space = balloon shaped down syndrome cars

minimize external size while maximizing internal space = balloon shaped down syndrome cars

Why can't they just make a small car.

Sure it can't fit tons of stuff but who gives a damn its a small point a to point b car. I don't know about you but I haul stuff of legit size once a year maybe.

Even stuff from places like Ikea can fit into the trunk of a CRX/late 80s civic.

because everyone keeps shitting out kids by the dozen and HAS to carry around everything the little fucking carpet rats own with them at all times
plus its basic stupid american thought that even small things need to be as big as possible
then there is the ever expanding american ass/waistline that makes truly small cars unusable

trust me i hear you on the want for a truly small, truly efficient car
unfortunately it is a very small minority that actually want and would buy smaller cars like that
the brz/frs is a step in the right direction... but i wont hold my breath waiting for other cars to follow along that trend

Yeah, not big on the styling. I like the soul, as a tiny suv crossover thing. Not as a track car. The only thing that I reaaaally like is the "tools" "gear" and fire extinguisher compartments.
Engineers developed a compartment for a fire extinguisher ?

Pardon me for commenting without reading the article. The pictures are just too ugly for me to spend even the small amount of time I am currently spending on it to type this out.

This car:cars::Rocky:The movie "Mask".

No amount of delicate, poorly executed driveline and slapped together turbo gear would make this car overcome the extreme deformities that it suffers from. This is simply the stupidest looking vehicle ever made by any country or race. If this were a sneaker, not even Michael Jordan's signature would make a single black kid want it.

The english language truly lacks the words necessary to describe how beastly and disgusting it is.

Why can't they just make a small car.

Sure it can't fit tons of stuff but who gives a damn its a small point a to point b car. I don't know about you but I haul stuff of legit size once a year maybe.

Even stuff from places like Ikea can fit into the trunk of a CRX/late 80s civic.
Well a lot of Americans today haul stuff of legit size everyday, i.e. their ass.

America got fat. Car companies relies that fatties still want a small, inexpensive car.

:ph34r:
39454d1202415709-1976-mustang-cobra-ii-76cobra2.jpg

Oh hell yes. Cobra II love.

On the topic of being a good car, my dad owned one too. In fact, My mother was rushed to the hospital while in labor with a baby that was switched with me in the pediatrics ward, and wisked away into a top-secret government program to become a super-soldier. That's a story for another time though.

My dad, and mom, both agree it was the worst car ever made. That thing would blow up a transmission if you looked at it wrong. And even my Mustang was brought to me with a mint, low-mileage engine that was swapped out within weeks of being bought. It was swapped out because the entire head cooling ports for the rear half of the engine were never punched out of the head gasket. That's quality, right there.

Luckily, we're in a new day and age - And these problems can be worked out. But I do have to say, contrary to you haters - There is no easier suspension in the free world to work with than the MII suspension. Options abound.

lmao And on the front end, there's a reason people just take them out of the car leave the rest for dead. :p

I can understand your history with the car but they're just so damn ugly. My uncle has a nice 74' Mach 1. Fast car, about as good looking as it could get, never going to win any beauty contests.

In my opinion, which is the only opinion that matters, The styling of the car is quite good. The fenders could stand to be a bit bigger, but 13" wheels being what they are, I can see why they didn't.

The Japanese made direct body copies to the Celicas, so I'm not alone.

Yea. The mid to late 70s was not very good to the auto enthusiast.

Back