Traction bar

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Citizen_Insane

I saw something on TV about traction bars and was wondering if they really help launches all that much. Just wondering. Thanks

i have hear lakewood makes a good one. but who else is there and where can i get one?

Totem makes one- the same Totem that makes engine mounts. If you want a traction bar setup to clear an H22 swap into a 5G or 6G Civic, the Totem is the only one you can use. I'm not sure about the Lakewood (never heard of it) bars, but I know that the Jimfabs and the Z10s won't fit.

They look exactly like the Jimfabs in terms of geometry...

radius%20arms.jpg

as far as geometry goes,

full-race bars > jim fab > z10

i don't have any knowledge of that Totem brand.

I have a set of the full-race bars on order.

350, and they aren't on the site yet. they are in pre-production right now.

We have begun a list of those who are interested. If you are interested please email sales@full-race.com with subject title: STRIP BARS WAITING LIST
we will email you all back with timeframes. The price is $350 + shipping. Lead time is approximately 3 weeks for the first batch.

stripbarsinstalled1.jpg

stripbarsinstalled2.jpg

stripbarsinstalled3.jpg

stripbarsinstalled4.jpg

stripbarsinstalled5.jpg

do they have one for the ef chasis or should i stick with the jimb fab

those are EG's

DA and EF's are in the works and will be released after the EG's hit the market later this month... so mid-april maybe?

stripbarsinstalled1.jpg

From the looks of this, they are about the same as the Z10's, where's the beef?

they are NOTHING like z10's.

yeah, they may be the same size piping, but the geometry is perfect, unlinke the z10s.

and why do you need excessive weight? everything is alreayd bolt down. these, help prevent castor-angle movement, thus wheel hop

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 5 2004, 06:22 PM
they are NOTHING like z10's.

yeah, they may be the same size piping, but the geometry is perfect, unlinke the z10s.

and why do you need excessive weight? everything is alreayd bolt down. these, help prevent castor-angle movement, thus wheel hop

What I am saying is the designs are very similar in reguards to where they connect to the front bar, and the the exact same on the LCAs. and they appear to have moved the radius arms out some. And the Z10's are fine, they do exactly what they are supposed to. The Jimfabs are better than both though because they connect to the LCAs in two places and distribute the stress off the bushing more.

s40498182d4683.jpg

you need to do more reading dude.

the FR attach to the lca in 4 places (2 places, 2 bolts each)

the front cross member is the same- thats fine... it doesn't really do anything.

the angle of the z10 is off, and will cause binding
the jim fabs are good, and don't bind - but the clearence under the car for 3" downpipe is null. also, they won't fit EM1 99 si front lca.s

the FR bars have clearence for large DP's, a/c, and will bolt to the 99 lca;s.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 6 2004, 12:49 PM
you need to do more reading dude.

the FR attach to the lca in 4 places (2 places, 2 bolts each)

the front cross member is the same- thats fine... it doesn't really do anything.

the angle of the z10 is off, and will cause binding
the jim fabs are good, and don't bind - but the clearence under the car for 3" downpipe is null. also, they won't fit EM1 99 si front lca.s

the FR bars have clearence for large DP's, a/c, and will bolt to the 99 lca;s.

stripbarsinstalled5.jpg

s404a002d7a133.jpg

I one see one (perside). The front crossmember is the only part that looks different as far as where and how the RAs come off of it.

Well B, I never had a problem with the Z10s binding, and as far as I've seen- neither has John. The Full Race bars look to have the exact same pivot point locations as the Jimfabs... but if the only real difference is more clearance for a larger downpipe, there's no reason for me to upgrade again.

:)

Back