trade, b18c1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bannacrx

hi. ive got a b18c1 head and manifold that i dont need. just got a b16s2 and i need a head and manifold. anyone have a trade i could do?

because its a larger head. loss of power.
my freind had that same combo. he lossed a noticable amount of power. he put a b16 head on the block and ran like a charm. higher compression with a smaller head on the block

and ive heard alot about people taking b18's and putting smaller heads on them, with the exception of the type r, b18c, etc.

um the gsr head will give higher compression than the b16 head. The 16 head flows just a tad better.

k i was using a reference point, b16 head and b18 head, not nessacerily actual sizes. i know the heads bolt onto each other
97-98 Gsr B18C1 3G - DC 1797 10.0 : 1 170 @
7600 rpm 128 lb/ft @
6200 rpm USA
99-00 Si B16A2 6G - EM 1595 10.2 : 1 160 @
7600 rpm 111 lb/ft @
7000 rpm USA

u sure the c1 has higher compression?

regardless of the power loss, its there. fact is im just looking for a b16a2 head.

and if the gsr has higher compression then im sure someone would trade

Last edited:
the b16 motors have higher compression because of the pistons they have, not cause of the head, well mainly. the combustion chambers of b16 heads are a bit different from the gsr heads, and I believe that the gsr combustion chamber is a bit smaller than the b16. that is why it can still have higher compression with the flat domed pistons.

here.. check this out.. figure your compression.. its not much of a difference and will run fine..

Back