1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trade my truck?

Discussion in 'Other Vehicle Discussions' started by 94civicturbo, Jan 2, 2010.

1. 94civicturbo

94civicturbo New Member

i am trying to work on trading my 3/4 ton chevy for a 1995 dodge cummins that says there's something wrong with the rearend... anybody heard of a problem with the rearends on these? and do you guys think it would be worth it? he wants about what i would want for mine if i sold it and i really want a cummins

here's mine:

[​IMG]

here's the dodge:

[​IMG]

what do you guys think? i haven't talked to the guy as of now because it was about 11:00 when i found the truck... it says that the whole engine was rebuilt has a new turbo rebuilt transmission and new south bend clutch... too good to be true or not? :shrug:

2. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

no

3. 94civicturbo

94civicturbo New Member

no as in dont do it or what?

4. INJEN78

INJEN78 HS LEGEND

no dodge is junk..and it probably needs a whole new rear..probably due to the lift and big ass tires

5. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

:werd: Chevy trucks are better

6. 94civicturbo

94civicturbo New Member

i love the cummins diesels though... and if this guy dont text me back today my trucks getting treated to a leveling kit and 33" swampers next week :ph34r:

7. chadcharb

chadcharb Well-Known Member VIP

nothin chevy makes is better than a cummins. even with problems that truck is worth more than your chevy. those things sell for 8k with over 200k on em for a reason. best diesel motor on the road!

8. Ethan

Ethan Well-Known Member

id cum on that cummins and shit on the chevy...

9. Matts96HB

Matts96HB . Moderator VIP

Cummins is about the only thing that Chrysler has going for them at this point. But seriously, a blown rear end would not be a fun project at all. I say no don't do it, just be happy with what you have. That thing is kinda gay looking anyway (the cummins).

10. 94civicturbo

94civicturbo New Member

i found another one tonight that had the stock paint but it was automatic (only want a 5 speed) and has a bad trans. how hard is it to swap to a 5 speed in those trucks? i think that one was a 98 with a 12 valve engine still

11. chadcharb

chadcharb Well-Known Member VIP

I would find out if the auto and manual tranfer cases are the same bc if you had to buy a tranny and transfer case it would be expensive. I would think you could find a rear end in a junkyard pretty easy and if you just bolt up the whole assembly it shouldbt be to bad. Those 12v motors are bad ass though. I've been told you can get more hp and tq out of those way easier. My buddy as an 01 5spd cummins with the edge attitude programmer and a mbrp 5" ex. And on the extreme setting it makes like 32psi. And is insanly fast

12. phyregod

phyregod !!YTINASNI

?? Have you ever swapped an axle on a truck? Pick up a used axle for $250 and slap it in there! Stupid easy. You'll have it done in 2 hours, on a bad day.

13. Jared759

Jared759 Well-Known Member VIP

Axles wouldn't take long at all. If the ring gear or pinion are messed up thats a whole different story. If your not good at setting up rear ends(Getting pinion depth right), you could end up spending more time on it than you wanted.

14. alEXej8

alEXej8 New Member

Lol you can tell your from the south. It takes a hell of alot longer when you live in the rust belt like i do. But still not that bad of a job. I think its a fair trade.

15. 94civicturbo

94civicturbo New Member

well i think that ones a lost cause the guy wont get back in touch with me :( i really like the truck and i know it would be an easy job for the axle... it would probably be more than $250 though lol im pretty sure it's a dana 80... i really wish this guy would have contacted me... but oh well i have a plan when i get a better job in the next about mmonth and a half... i figure if i set back $150 a week i can trade my truck and cash for a nice one in less than a year of saving... but i think for now my truck's getting the leveling kit and swamper treatment for now :)

16. Bobby17772

Bobby17772 New Member

if you make a truck nice and flashy more people will look at it and try and trade you for it, I've sold quite a few cars by just getting it detailed and a lot of engine bright, if it looks clean and flashy, people will like it even more

17. 94civicturbo

94civicturbo New Member

^ yeah i know lol my truck shines real nice except for in the few rust spots which i will get fixed in the spring the right way from a guy we know. And I plan on getting it detailed before i start driving it more

18. Matts96HB

Matts96HB . Moderator VIP

yes i have on a jeep cherokee (lifted) it was a PITA, rusted bolts everywhere

i also assumed that the OP was going to try and fix the existing rear end, which can be a headache for someone who is new to wrenching on trucks

19. 92stoccord

92stoccord Big Member VIP

Keep the chevy. It'd be a better work horse, and Dodge drivers always seem like dicks to me. Might just be the ones around here, but they're all "Yeeeeeee-hawwwwwwwwwwwww I haf biggur tairs. I get to go first ya dawggone cityslicker yall"

1 person likes this.
  20. 94civicturbo

94civicturbo New Member

^lol but im keeping my truck. putting the 33's on it. and trading my hatch for a 93 cherokee to play around with.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted