trade question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

philyphreak2127

Back in the Game
Alright so I found this 85 rex on craigslist and the guy said he would be willing to trade anyone with a 5 seater civic so I got to thinking maybe if the guy would throw in some cash I would trade him seems like a decent trade for me I get better gas mileage and a car I want. But the car has a bad clutch which isn't much of a problem IF my clutch from the d16y7 I still have will fit on this motor. I don't know much about the crx's of that year so if anyone has any info fill me in. Carb? mpfi? dpfi? Did I do those abreviations right? I spaced on asking him if it is the si unfortunely. How hard would it be to swap an obd-1 motor into this car such as mini me z6 head/y8 block? Could I just throw a z6 head on there with the intake manifold, ecu, and call it good? I would love any input. The guy said he would trade me and throw in $800 cash. So I am really considering it. Plus with gas prices going up this car could save me some cash. It also said he swapped in an 86 motor I asked from which model and he has yet to reply. What year did obd-1 start? Because if I am mistaken the 86 would be obd-0 right?

Last edited:
You better se if its a carbed model, because Im pretty sure that only the Si was fuel injected for those years.

yeah so far that is what I think its probably got the carb if it does I will not do it without a little more monetary motivation so to speak lol

Yeah its not really a wise choice to try to swap anything into a carbed car because of all the extra work with switching fuel lines, pump, and such. Id still get it if its in good shape, I love EF/EWs.

I was also thinking about upgrading the carb, I think weber made a carb for those cars plus it would be a total sleeper. and I love crx's no matter what year. I will have to think it over and see if it is driveable with the f-ed up clutch if it is I will test drive it to see whats up. If I like the way it runs and like having $800 in my pocket I may go for it. The only thing is I still have payments on my civic which is why I asked for the $800 so that is another deciding factor. Although I owe like $3200 the $800 and some money saved up from my next couple checks I could knock it down a lot. I could swap the carb, and buy a performance clutch right off the bat and be pretty happy with that little add of power.

Last edited:
Back