trailing arm bushing

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

highperboi

I am going to put on my rear disc brakes soon and i was looking at the trailing and the big busshing that the whole arm piviots on looks really used. I was wondering where i could get the energy suspensin one from. i looked at lots of sites but they just sell the master kit which doesnt even have the bushing i need. Anyone know where i can get just the trailing arm bushing?

I don't think they make what your refering to as the "Main" bushing that the rear trailing arm pivots on. I have the entire bushing kit on my rex and I was trying to do the same thing. It doesn't exsist as far as I know.

it does i saw it in scc when they put the bushings on the project EG but they just said they bought a master kit but it doesnt come with it but if you look at the picture they have it there.

Get ahold of Energy susp. Ask them if they got them. And if so order it!

get the mugen ones from kingmotorsports. i hear urethane trailing arm bushings can interfere with the way the suspension travels naturally, they are too stiff.

Jegs has the Energy suspension ones for 25 dollars for both sides. Just replaced them myself and it hard gettin the old bushings out. I ended up cutting them out and then burning the rubber off the trailing arm. Good luck.

yup, energy suspension makes trailing arm bushings.

the process is quite easy, just disconnect the trailing arm from the frame, and from the lower control arm... and brake lines and so on and so forth.

melt out the old bushing. you dont have to get the sleeve out as you do with the other es bushings.

scrape out and remnants of the old bushing. lube up and press (or use a hammer) the new bushing in. i think it only goes in one way. then pop the bush mount piece back in it and installation is the reverse of removal.

also, the easiest way i found to do es bushings is to melt them out, then use a hacksaw and cut through the sleeve. after that, use a screwdriver and a hammer on the sleeve and it pops right out. no press needed.

to put the es bushings in, just lube up and use a 2x4 and a hammer.

Yup. Easy to put them in, just time consuming. If you can't find the ES bushings anywhere, give Intercrew a call 214-575-6288. They carry the bushings you want.

Back