Trainspotting and Requiem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by SolPWR@Sep 25 2003, 01:47 PM
Does this site give good reviews? I hate that sometimes when you look at like high reviews you get like disney shit then gay chick flicks and pointless action movies.

pissoffdelsol I know ur a movie buff cause i seen pics of your collection :blink: What are your personal favs? top ten or so?

i find them to be pretty accurate. the problem is, its ALL opinion. and Opinion is like politics.

i couldn't possibly list a top 10 movie list off the top of my head. I'd seriously have to sit down and think about it.
There's a movie for every emotion, just like there's a song. the top 10 dramas suck when all you're looking for is a comedy ;)

Originally posted by seanjuan@Sep 25 2003, 09:37 PM
you said the untouchables didn't belong because there was nothing fucked up about it and then you list Kingpin and Trading places?

:ufucktard:

I was just listing great movies, not movies that are fucked up. Look at Natural Born Killers, or Lost Highway, those are fucked up movies, something the Untouchables or from hell are not.

Other great movies:

Gladiator
Tombstone
Seven
Carlitos Way
Scarface
Die Hard
Heat
Training Day
Traffic
Dumb and Dumber
Boyz N the Hood
Friday
The Usual Suspects
Tommy Boy

im looking for just good movies. my movies tend to make you think cause i like to think i walked away with a little something after spending 2hrs in front of a screen.

BTW my fav movie is Fight Club. Tip: read the book you wont be dissapointed!!! Its a quick read, took me like 3 days about 3hrs each. best book i read. That author is sooooo good, Chuck Paluniuk(sp) hes good, def a great pick up if anyone liked the movie!!!

A good movie that makes you think is momento. Kind of a weak storyline, but great overall production with the intertwining of forward and backwards storyline. Just makes you think. :blink:

Didn't see these listed :

Gumo
Bully
Irreversible (subtitles)
Momento
Dark City
True Romance
Meet the Feebles
Crippled Masters (weak, but kung fu by a guy missing an arm or leg is funny)
Believer

i didn't find memento to be all that great of a movie....
it was confusing to follow going backwards and all... but hello and welcome to pulp fiction which did the same thing 5 years earlier.

and yes pulp fiction had two storylines produced similar.

but momento pulled it off much smoother, and obviously made you think more.

makes you want to watch it again to see what the hell just went over your head.

talk about suspense. :roll:

Pulp Fiction was great but with a little thought applied you can find out where the start and end is. Irreversible is the same way, starts at the end and plays 15 minutes, then jumps to what happened before so last 15 minutes is the first 15 minutes of the story. Very fucked up movie (includes 10 minute rape scene and bunch other shit)

But momento you can't really be sure where the start is and where the end is, its just over and over. Just imagine the guys that had to Edit momento, that woulda been a bitch to peice togheter.

another movie that is kick ass, which is probably still in a theatre is 28 days later.

anyone see the ads for hte new Quentin Tarantino movie comin out, I can't wait

Kill Bill is the new Tarantino movie coming out..looks badass.....

I forget about momento...that really is a cool movie. I didn't have any problem following it, kind of a neat little twist. Pulp fiction has 2 gigantic scenes reveresed, momento has the whole movie backwards with 15 minute increments.....

these are all great movies i need to see memento!!! i have a huge list of movies that im gonna get thanks for the input!!! :D

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 25 2003, 11:59 PM
i didn't find memento to be all that great of a movie....
it was confusing to follow going backwards and all... but hello and welcome to pulp fiction which did the same thing 5 years earlier.

yes pulp fiction did it before but it was different and I don't think it was close enough to really compare them.....

what I do think Memento can be compared to is that one episode of Seinfeld that started at the end and worked back to the begining. I remember after I saw Memento the first time I was telling someone about how cools it was and then they were like "oh, like that episode of Seinfeld?"
:doh:

hey everyone just say donnie darko and i must say it is one of the best movies ive ever seen. Donnie is almost exactly like me(except for frank) im a little crazy in the head and I have been trying to build a time machine for about 2 weeks now.<--- this isnt a joke, Im serious too. Thats why i got this movie.

ANd for those fucktards that wanna flame heres a link to some shit im reading books

SolPWR - Hey this site may help kick ya in right direction on how to make ya machine. link

Also I just watched a movie called SPUN. This is about on the same route as Requeim and the others. I checked it out at Blockbuster and it was edited with blurs and shit (but only on real sexually graphic parts) but it is a kick ass movie. Its got Brittany Murphy,John Leguizamo, Mickey Rourke and some others. Like special apperance (2 second long scenes) with Ron Jeremny and Billy Corgan. Must check it out if you haven't already.

Back