Tranny ?_?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

assman

i did a b16 swap on my 92 teg and put a gsr tranny, its not really working like i expected, which would be the ideal tranny for a b16? or is the gsr one fine? also, i am currently starting to add things to the car, i have a b16 with gsr tranny, (duh) cold air intake, magnaflow exhasut, chipped ecu, and and some new cam gears, thats about it, anybody know what would be the next best thing to add that is somewhat affordable but also adds some power, any suggestions?

what chip are you using?

and what do you mean its not working like you expected? thats a really open question.

Im not sure, my friend chipped it for me, since he owed me some cash, its a no redline and vtec kicks in at 5k Rpm along with some fuel restriction override crap. and the tranny, well its hard to explain, but it could juss be i need a stage clutch

fuel pressure regulator, header, dyno, adjust the cam gears properly

Remove the chip, get a VAFC (at the least)

Does it not make as much power as you thought it would? Are you sure you got a 92-93 GSR tranny?

It could just be that the B16 doesn't make enough torque to pull the heavier Integra chassis.

If you have a GS-R trans, it's a 92 GS-R cable trans, which is fine because it's very similar to any other B16 trans as far as gears are concerned. Perhaps you need to adjust your clutch cable first before jumping to conclusions for purchasing expensive parts and timely labor.

Tune the parts you have before buying new ones, otherwise you'll just be making it harder to find the actual problem 10 more parts installs down the road.

The B16 is not a torquey engine, so you shouldn't be expecting any major pull. If you used to have an LS, and now it's a B16, don't expect much. The LS has more torque and less horsepower. Torque you feel, horsepower you hear.

Hope this helps some, otherwise, try
main_48.gif

definately get rid of the chip because at whatever rpm they stopped programming at the fuel map is going to end and if you miss a shift and over rev the engine you could take it completely out of the fuel map on accident and nuke your engine.

about the torque stuff everyone else is right on the money. check what you got and probably at least get a vafc.

regarding tranny's if ur going to stay all motor get the b16 cable the gearing is the best of any honda tranny (othen the the t-r's which are identical) but if ur going on the bottle (like me) or planning to boost stick with the tranny you have, but if u get a b16 tranny ur carr will pull way harder becasue you will always be ir your powerband and you wont have to rely on toque so much

Back