tranny/axle problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

S14Civic

ok so i ran into a little problem yesterday...i was driving my car around and i got on it a few times...i stopped to throw it in reverse to turn around.....and nothing happened when i let out the clutch...it kind of made a whining noise....tried putting it in first...same thing...well i thought i might have messed up the clutch or flywheel but im hoping thats not the case....we got the car back to the house (towing/pushing).....well im looking at the car and i see a little bit of what looks to be transmission fluid by the passenger side axle....the axle looks like it popped out a little....what im wondering is ....if just one axle popped out wouldnt the other axle still have power since the tranny has a LSD?....also what would cause the axle to pop out like that? the car is a 92cx with a b16 swap and a gsr tranny.... could the axle be too short? also... my car was making a squeaky noise (when it was running).... well we thought it was a wheel bearing so i swapped out the steering knuckle on both sides from my si hatch ( whole brake assembly too)....well we took the car out and it was still making the noise....so we concluded that it wasnt the wheelbearing....well i was under the car today and i was messing with some stuff and i pushed on one of the tranny mounts and it made the same squeaky noise....i looked a little closer and realized the two bolts that go up into the frame arent 100% tight...well i tried to tighten them....no luck....tried to take them out...no luck...any suggestions? here are some pics i took....
DSC01404.jpg

DSC01402.jpg

got the tranny mount problem fixed....whoever messed with the mount didnt put a bolt that had long enough threads so it wasnt getting tight

DSC01405.jpg

sweet. did you put new spring clips on the axle before it went back in? how long has the motor been swapped and drivin?

the guy i bought the car from said he hasnt driven the car for about 6 months...so the swap was done at least 6 months ago....and yea the clip is good...when i put the axle back in it clipped in place....the axle just seems too short...im thinking whoever did the swap lied to him about the tranny...he said it was a gsr tranny but i think its just the stock b16a2 tranny....anyone know off hand if those axles are longer then the gsr axles?

Back