Tranny Conversion For A 1st Gen B16

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

liquid00meth

Hey all,

Just looking for some advice as to if it would be wise (in the intrest of saving money) to pick up a cheaper 1st gen b16, and do a hydro tranny convesion since im not really interested in the cable tranny. If it is a viable option - what do I have to do exactly? Or should I just stop being a sal, sell one of my kidneys and get an Sir II. by the way, this is going into a 95 DX coupe.

:ph34r:

you should get a sirII, it will make the swap a whole lot easier and i dont think sirII's are that much more considering what you will have to do to use a first gen b16.

crix is right.....go with an sirII if ya can afford it. I put a b16a in my 95 ex and I'm still working out the bugs...I know it's nothing major, but with an sirII swap everything is pretty much plug and play...less headaches......

:beer:

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Feb 3 2003, 07:16 PM
Hey all,

Just looking for some advice as to if it would be wise (in the intrest of saving money) to pick up a cheaper 1st gen b16, and do a hydro tranny convesion since im not really interested in the cable tranny. If it is a viable option - what do I have to do exactly? Or should I just stop being a sal, sell one of my kidneys and get an Sir II. by the way, this is going into a 95 DX coupe.

:ph34r:

The cable/hydro conversion takes a cable car and converts it to hydro. It would cost more to convert it from hydro to cable.

You need a b-series hydro tranny. If you are broke and just want your car driving again until you can get more money, then a LS tranny can be had for 300-400 bucks. Its gearing isn't the best for NA, but it will get your by.

Not to mention that the transmission is just one of the things you're going to have to replace,distributor,injectors etc...due to the OBD change.By the time you're done you have spent the same as you would on a siRII.

Back