1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tranny cover

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by he||raiser, Jan 8, 2010.

1. he||raiser

he||raiser New Member

I have a 2000 B20z and a 1997 type r tranny bought separately. I need to get a transmission cover. I've also heard it called the inspection cover. Basically it's that piece that covers the bottom of the flywheel when you mount the tranny on the block. Are there different versions of this cover between an ls or gsr or type r transmissions?

2. 34diesel34

34diesel34 Import Tuner

It's called a flywheel cover plate. There are different versions. It's a matter of if you have a cable or hydro tranny.The one for the B series cable tranny is different from the hydro tranny. The bolt holes are in different places. I found out the hard way. The 1st one I bought didn't fit because I have a hydo tranny, and the flywheel cover plate was for a cable tranny. If you need one for a B series cable tranny let me know I have one for sale:bow:

Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  3. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

You can try either of these sites...

www.oemacuraparts.com

www.acuraoemparts.com

They're actually dealership websites, but they have exploded parts diagrams and you can order online, just like with Majestic Honda...

4. he||raiser

he||raiser New Member

I'm thinking the type r must use the 21351-PR3-010 part number as I can't find a type r specific number. Even the acura dealers around me couldn't find it on their system. I've ordered this part number for $20 and will hope for the best.

5. he||raiser

he||raiser New Member

6. kngcrx

kngcrx New Member

Hey 34diesel34,
    Do you still have that flywheel cover plate? I have a Y1 cable tranny. How much?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted